GoFlight "GF-ATC" Sale

Calvin Waterbury

GoFlight "GF-ATC" Sale

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Thanks PilotEdge for the GF-ATC Air Traffic Communication Module sale promotion. Lately, I have been giving thought to the audio side of my PE experience and I guess it could use a facelift. ;)

Has anyone here used this module? I am particularly interested in the, "... Analog filtering circuitry in the GF-ATC routes an "optimized for voice" signal to your headset, while passing the original audio through to your computer's speaker system..." statement on the GoFlight page. When the filtering occurs does the "voice" only come through the headset or does it also come through the speakers?

I'll put this question to the GoFlight folks if I have to, but I was hoping for response from people who have actually used the hardware. Thanks.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Tim Krajcar

Re: GoFlight "GF-ATC" Sale

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Hi Calvin,

Great question. I have not used it myself but I'll see if one of the GoFlight guys can come by and shed some light.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Calvin Waterbury

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Thanks Tim... That would be a great service to the community. 8-)

One other question the GoFlight folks can field is to explain the use of the "squelch" feature.

I know how the real-life squelch works via suppression of the analog wave, but the PE signal is a digital signal converted to mimic analog via the headset jack to the headset/speakers, i.e., am curious how a "flat" digital signal can be "squelched?"

I may be missing something here, but I don't see how this works. Thanks.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Calvin,
Here is input from the GoFlight team. He's also looking into your question re. squelch.
There are three jacks on the front of the ATC Module. The Headset jack is for when you want to use the filtered sound of the ATC. The Mic jack is the Mic of course. And the speaker jack is used when you want clean or non processed sound through your headset. If speakers are used they are plugged in to the speaker jack on the back of the ATC module. When using the ATC Module the voice and sound is not separated from the headset and speakers, in order to do this you would need a second sound card installed in your computer. Then in FSX you would put the voice on one device and the sound on the other device this will separate the sound.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube