PE misses Cessna 162 Skycatcher

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
Keith Smith

Re: PE misses Cessna 162 Skycatcher

Post by Keith Smith »

The X-Plane client lets you enter any ICAO code you want. Is the issue that you're describing occurring with FSX or X-Plane? I thought it was the former, but some of the content above implies the latter.

Half the battle is specifying the ICAO code. The other half is having models out there to display those aircraft.
theskunk

Post by theskunk »

Keith -- the issue is with FSX, I just did some additional digging around to get the list to look the way I wanted it to. The other thing I've done is modified the 'what it looks like' list so that when I'm flying the sport cruiser, for example, people should see an RV-7 looking model (out of the default stack). If I'm in a 162, they'll see a 172 since they look somewhat similar and if ATC says 'follow the cessna'... well.. they'll know what to look for! Those are the only who I've added to the list thus far, and realistically, this only seems to be modifying two things:

1) How it shows up in PEAware

2) How I appear on somebody else's screen

ATC calls are going to be based on the ICAO type that I provide... so I'm not *too* worried about that.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

v0.9.2 of the FS9/X pilot client was released yesterday morning. It includes the Skycatcher and Sportcruiser in the aircraft types.
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

Keith Smith wrote:v0.9.2 of the FS9/X pilot client was released yesterday morning. It includes the Skycatcher and Sportcruiser in the aircraft types.
I can't find the announcement with the download link and updating procedure anywhere on the forum. PilotEdge Client Software section would be the right place for that. I know it must be in the Pilot Center, still it is worth of a pin-up in the dedicated space on the forum.

Thanks,
Sabre.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Keith Smith wrote:v0.9.2 of the FS9/X pilot client was released yesterday morning. It includes the Skycatcher and Sportcruiser in the aircraft types.
Anything of note in .9.2? I don't see any information about it.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Orest,

Sorry, I have had to prioritize with the various launched that went on this week, along with the Linux development.

There's nothing too significant for existing users, but there was something for new trial users using our new streamlined process.

I clarified one error message (the one you get if the sim is paused or on the Free Flight selection screen if you attempt to connect to PE), and I updated the SimConnect version to the correct one, as planned. For experienced, users, the upgrade isn't required or particularly beneficial, that's why I didn't make it a priority to announce.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Ah. Very good, thanks.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Guys, this stuff is really easy to edit on your own... I've done it for a lot of planes you guys fly... here's an example:

Browse your hdd for the PE main folder... mine's this C:\Program Files (x86)\PilotEdge

Find equipment.txt (make a backup of it or just copy and paste the file into the same folder and call it equipment.txt.bak for example)

Then you just type in your information...

For the C162 the new line would be:
C162,CESSNA,SKYCATCHER,L,P

Once edited, save it. Note: I'm not exactly sure what L stands for but helos are H. And P means prop, T means turboprop, and J jet.

I've done this for many planes here's some examples...
C510,CESSNA,Citation Mustang,L,J
HXA,EXPERIMENTAL,<100 kts,L,P
HXB,EXPERIMENTAL,101_200 kts,L,P
HXC,EXPERIMENTAL,>200 kts,L,P
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL