Custom plane view

AngNov68

Custom plane view

Post by AngNov68 »

What does it look like when someone has a aircraft that is custom to the other pilots on the server that don't own the same?And what does the ATC see in the same situation? I fly the bk117 helicopter but if you don't own it and you see a plane instead, it might look strange how it is maneuvering. And is the Atc and pilots seeing xplane and fxs planes at the same time? I see airplanes hovering at kavx.
Keith Smith

Re: Custom plane view

Post by Keith Smith »

Each pilot connects to the network using an ICAO aircraft code. It's up to the pilot clients to take that ICAO code and map it to a local aircraft model in the sim. That's odd that you're seeing aircraft hovering at AVX. Which sim are you using when you see this?
AngNov68

Post by AngNov68 »

I am using x plane 10.10 b4. It might be a bug that has the aircraft at the wrong altitude and the ground at another. It happens with all the AI at AVX.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Try turning off Runways Follow Contours to cure the floating aircraft. In order for pilots to see what other pilots are flying, they have to have the correct CSL files installed and the other pilots have to have entered the correct ICAO code when logging into PE.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.