PE Installer message

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
rick223

PE Installer message

Post by rick223 »

Just got laptop back with NEW hard drive . Now can't get download to finish. Keep getting this message.
"an error occurred while updating the system registry. Ensure you have privileges to install software. The installer will now close". HELP please!!!!
"You can't fix stupid"
Keith Smith

Re: PE Installer message

Post by Keith Smith »

Rick,

Immediately to the right of the download link for the installer is a note that says: Vista/Windows 7 users: right click on the downloaded file and select ‘Run as Administrator’.

Are you doing that?

The next build of the installer is going to do this automatically, but for now, that's what you need to do. Be sure to read the other instructions carefully, too.

Note: I moved this thread to the Pilot Client Software forum.
rick223

Post by rick223 »

Keith , I right clicked every " run " button I could find , but nothing happens.
"You can't fix stupid"
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Perhaps you're looking through the menu from the Downloads area of your browser? That would be the problem. Find the file on the hard drive (most likely in your Downloads folder), right click on it...and you should see an option to "Run As Administrator"

See OPTION 2 from the list of methods in this article: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11 ... rator.html
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

You can also try holding CTRL + SHIFT while you open the installer file. Same as right clicking, just a different method.

Edit: Aaand it's already on that link :oops:
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
rick223

Post by rick223 »

Thanks I'll give that a try.
"You can't fix stupid"