Sound Settings Reset On Their Own

Mark Hargrove

Sound Settings Reset On Their Own

Post by Mark Hargrove »

There is a sound issue with FSX that has been driving me crazy for a long time: I have my sound setup to play environmentals through my speakers and voice through my headset (like most everyone, I suppose), and it works fine -- right up until certain system events happen, such as a USB device reset occurring. For example, if a USB device gets unplugged and then re-plugged in, Windows 7 plays sounds that correspond to the unplug/plug event. If I happen to have FSX running when this happens, my sound settings revert to the "Default Sound Device" for both devices.

I've googled on and off for months trying to find somebody with a similar problem, but I'm not finding anything. It finally occurred to me to just ask here: has anybody else experienced this and/or seen any way of dealing with it?

Thanks,

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
MikePeavler

Re: Sound Settings Reset On Their Own

Post by MikePeavler »

Yep happens often even when you tell "windows" not to save power and turn off USB devices in the power profiles. Its just a glitch I think and so far I've found nothing to fix it other then when it does happen....just go back in a reset the settings prior to playing.

Mike