some services are offline because of Sandy

Keith Smith

Re: some services are offline because of Sandy

Post by Keith Smith »

Walt, PE itself was never down that I'm aware of. The services I'm referencing above are strictly the PE training site, drones and audio streaming, unless there's something else going on that I'm not aware of. The PE servers are not hosted at our office and aren't affected by the internet outages there.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Net connection appears to be restored at the office (for now). I have restarted the drones and ATC audio capture.
Griphos

Post by Griphos »

Something was fishy yesterday. A group of us tried to connect multiple times. Most of us were able to connect for a few minutes, then the program crashed. The issue was always a crash of the program, for all of us, which we assumed to be related to connection problems, but perhaps there was something else at work. I haven't had time to try today, so perhaps whatever it was has been resolved.

Phil
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Phil,

I spoke with Walt, whatever was happening there (and I'm not sure what it was because the controllers remained online) was unrelated to the office connectivity. None of the voice or data servers are at the office.

Something was fishy as the fsx clients were crashing, but I don't know if any xplane users were online at the time, and as I mentioned, atc stayed online.