***11/6 NETWORK ISSUES***

Andrew Doubleday

***11/6 NETWORK ISSUES***

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

Attention pilots,

We are currently experiencing network issues and will work to resolve them as soon as possible. More information will be posted here as we learn more. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI

Andrew Doubleday

Re: ***11/6 NETWORK ISSUES***

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

Should be operational now.
Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI

Keith Smith

Re: ***11/6 NETWORK ISSUES***

Post by Keith Smith »

We had a relatively long outage today due to a lack of available memory on the new server that is now hosting the PilotEdge core service. When operations issues have come up in the past, I've generally been available to handle them. However, due to my current travel schedule, I wasn't able to handle this until a few hours later.

As a result, we've made 4 key changes on the operations side:
1) a third party service now monitors the PilotEdge core service and sends email to everyone on the ops team
2) the email list used by controllers to request assistance now reaches the whole ops team
3) other members of the ops team are now able to re-start the service if needed
4) additional memory was allocated to the PIlotEdge core service on the newly acquired server

This was somewhat of a perfect storm yesterday and I sincerely apologize for the lack of availability yesterday afternoon. We take uptime very seriously and realize it's a "make or break" aspect of this venture.

I'm satisfied with the steps that have been taken to ensure we avoid long outages in the future, at least the ones which are directly within our control.