I'm going to scream!

Ryan B

Re: I'm going to scream!

Post by Ryan B »

I screamed... We tried an OS update (which I was confident would help)... it did not :evil:
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

This should be in the xplane forum, too. I will move it later.

There must be something new in the OS upgrade. I will give you a command line app to try on the Mac that uses the same sdk as the plugin. Expect that possibly tonight. I am at a fuel stop on the way to KFTW.
JulietAlpha

Post by JulietAlpha »

You are awesome, thanks again Keith. It's nice to have an owner that actively participates in the assistance of his users!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You're welcome, it's a little more complex to setup the voice tester than I remembered. Let's do a screen share one night this week, PM me with some dates/times that would work for you. I can do something tonight after the demo flight at VNY.
JulietAlpha

Post by JulietAlpha »

Sounds good. Wish I could participate in the demo flight. Maybe I'll just set on the ramp with the engines turning lol.

I have some news regarding Eastern Michigan too.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

To close the loop on this, it appears to be an issue with MacOS 10.8.1. Users are cautioned to hold odd upgrading to that OS until the cause of the issue has been found.

10.8.1 was supposed to fix a number of audio recording issues from 10.8, but there might still be some problems. The stock TS3 client is working fine, but the TS3 SDK release that we use for our voice layer is effectively broken in 10.8.1, it seems. We used a standalone voice app using the SDK (outside of X-Plane) and the result was the same, which takes our plugin out of the mix.

I'll post an update when I have some info from the TS3 folks.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

That problem is hardware. Install a PCI sound card, the onboard card is crap.
Either that or go with a USB mic.