PilotEdge Software Question

saxbill

PilotEdge Software Question

Post by saxbill »

Should I be concerned that after I get finished with a flight, when I go to disconnect the PilotEdge Software there are a number of 'entries' in the window that say something to the effect of "removedpilotfromsimulation:forcedbyFSMP" That isn't the exact string of words, I shut down the software then thought to ask the question.

Love pilot edge! I haven't flown much RW in controlled areas and since I'm starting my IFR work I need to get current. I crashed and burned my first flight on PE (all my fault) but things have gone much smoother since. It is a great service!
Mark Hargrove

Re: PilotEdge Software Question

Post by Mark Hargrove »

I don't think it's of concern. I've been on PE for almost a year, see those messages all the time, and have learned to just ignore them. Keith or one of the staff will answer the question soon (they always do!), but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Brandon Grchan

Post by Brandon Grchan »

Those messages are referring to drones being added and removed from you session. Totally normal.
Brandon Grchan
PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The specific case in question here is when a drone 'crashes' into terrain (according to FSX) and is removed from the session. It usually happens with the high speed military aircraft on the low level training routes.

The messages can be ignored.