FSX Lighting

JustinWheat

FSX Lighting

Post by JustinWheat »

OK this is a rather simple question. Is there any add on for fsx that better enhances the lighting effect within fsx (ie. stobes, landing, nav, etc)? I know in real life the strobe lights once turned on beacon off the ground. I have only seen two developers get this correct that being PMDG and Carenado. Im just looking to make fsx as real as possible and was looking for any programs to help with this. Thanks for the help in advance.
Calvin Waterbury

Re: FSX Lighting

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Take a look at A2A Sim 3D Lights Redux FSX

Check out Accu-Feel too.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing the link.

What products do you use?
Last edited by TexFly on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

That stuff is built into the models. The shockwave lights only add the .fx effect file (they won't truly illuminate the ground or bounce off). Other planes that have "the real" built in lights are Lotus L39 (this was the first plane to do it for FSX), RealAir's Legacy does the landing lights, VRS F18 Superbug does the lights and there's a few more but I can't recall off the top of my head.
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Thanks Ryan for your response. Really sums up the answer I was looking for. I guess it will be a no-go for me sense that was the one effect I was looking for (strobe reflection off ground). Thanks for the help.

Justin