Canoga 1 Departure KVNY RW Procedure

Alex Stjepanovic

Re: Canoga 1 Departure KVNY RW Procedure

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

One other thing that hit me, when you mentioned 320/250 Keith, is outclimbing and outdescending. The slower you go, there more of a thrust vector you can point up(and we all know why aircraft climb.......right?). Vice versa works the same way. There was a close proximity call or an incident or whatever they call it, around 2000, because the overloaded controller had slightly misjudged. I think I still have that recording, although it used to be on the site of the former XAVIUS or ATCC or something simulator.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Here be: http://www.xavius.com/downloads.html

The near deal.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Got the response...

Sorry for the late response on this, but you are right on both counts. I talked with SOCAL Moorpark Sector (that airspace 7000-13000 over FIM and VNY) this morning and the controller confirmed for me that the speed restriction is for both congestion over GMN and ease of mixing departure traffic out of LAX on their DPs headed the same way.
Callegro

Post by Callegro »

I also talked to a rw VNY controller this weekend and his response was "it's because all jets going over GMN need to be sequenced by center, every jet from SoCal goes over GMN to head north so the speed restriction is to allow center to sequence everyone in."