Scenery for PE

Jeff N

Scenery for PE

Post by Jeff N »

I just uploaded free scenery for KVNY Van Nuys to x-plane.org. I built it with version 9.7 in mind so I'm not sure how it'll look in 10.

Edit: this got taken down a while ago for no apparent reason after I'd worked on it for weeks... Here is someone else's KVNY scenery but it only works in XP10. PM me if you'd like mine and I'll send it to you.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=18251
Last edited by Jeff N on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent Meier

Re: Free Scenery for PilotEdge users

Post by Vincent Meier »

Jeff,
Thank you so much for sharing KVNY. I had started to make this airport, but never finished the project. I am happy to report that it translates fine in both the stable and beta versions of the latest x-plane. 10.11 and 10.20B11 respectively. Looks Great!!!
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks Vincent, glad to hear it looks okay in 10. I can see why it hasn't been modeled until now - it's HUGE! And it needs LOTS and LOTS of objects placed to make it look filled-in.
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Jeff N wrote:Thanks Vincent, glad to hear it looks okay in 10. I can see why it hasn't been modeled until now - it's HUGE! And it needs LOTS and LOTS of objects placed to make it look filled-in.
Yes , for a smaller airport, it has many buildings and hangers. I think that is why I did not complete my project.
Now, if you could just add the ATC controller voice "Phil" for 16R, that airport would be complete!!

Thanks again.
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

DOH, I thought I would try my hand at making a custom airport scenery, and did KVNY as it's the airport nearest my house.

Well, anyway. Here is my offering of KVNY. I'm still tweaking it a little here and there (adding more parking lights, etc.)

It also has the signs fixed (34R at Juliet was mislabeled as 34L in XPlane.)

I also added a ton of custom locations that match up by name to the airport diagram in ForeFlight. (MacGuire North, MacGuire South, Pentastar, etc, etc.)

There are also a ton of planes and other obstacles in it as I tried to make it as realistic as possible. I used the satellite picture to match it up as close as I could.

http://www.brett-adams.com/xplane/KVNY-beta.zip

* OpenSceneryX is required to use this! Free download at: http://www.opensceneryx.com/

Anyhow, hope I'm not stepping on any toes to offer my version of KVNY, but I figured I'd share what I had.

I'll update it as I finish more, but it's totally useable right now. (I like taxing between the hangers, as it seems more realistic.)

Enjoy!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Ha! Brett, you're the 3rd person to make VNY scenery for XP in about a week and a half. Someone on x-plane.org had just uploaded theirs a few days before I did mine, and now you. So weird considering that for years there was nothing for Van Nuys.

And no hard feelings or toe-stepping at all, in fact it's great that people have a choice as to which one they prefer. The other uploader on the the org made his for v10, whereas mine is for v9 (and I think a little more filled in). I'll check yours out next time I fire up the sim.
andyw248

Post by andyw248 »

KRNM Ramona is now available as freeware from: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=18271. It features correct runway, taxiway, and apron layouts, plus all custom buildings and static objects (including a representation of Cal Fire's fire attack base).
SoCal_Pilot

Post by SoCal_Pilot »

Does anyone have KBFL (Bakersfield / Meadows Field)? The default X-Plane layout is messed up. Many taxiways are missing.
-----------------------------------------------------
Charath Ram Ranganathan
CFII, AGI, IGI (Blog)
Azusa, CA
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Brett and Andy, downloaded both airports. Excellent job. Thank you tons. :D Cheers, AJ
Last edited by arb65912 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Just uploaded scenery for KIZA Santa Ynez to the .org, built on JuanB's airport layout. Nice little destination about 55 miles NW of LA, 9 miles NW of Santa Barbara.

EDIT: see post below for current link
Last edited by Jeff N on Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:13 am, edited 7 times in total.