Some Captures from "The Dark Side"

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Andrew Doubleday

Some Captures from "The Dark Side"

Post by Andrew Doubleday »

I took a few screenshots from a fly-in/out the other evening while working a SoCal area that covers the John Wayne Airport (SNA) and am posting them here at the request of Keith Smith.

Couple of our resident pilot's (sisters actually) on vectors practice ILS 19R approach to John Wayne/Orange County (SNA) after transitioning the LA Class B via the Coastal Route southbound, another (Tim Krajcar) on a left-base visual to 19L coming up from Palomar (CRQ) on the TEC route. Regional jet inbound on the KAYOH4 from Vegas (LAS) requested and received vectors to the ILS later on. Also a number in the pattern at the time as well. Some might note that the vectors were a bit wide for the C172's on the practice approach. I allowed them to go out a bit further realizing I could take the liberty with the limited amount of IFR/jet traffic inbound to the field. Plus they are both practicing towards their IFR test ratings through the pilot training program, so I figured it best to give them some room on the final to get established outside of the FAF (LEMON). I would have kept them in much tighter otherwise.

Andrew James Doubleday | aj@pilotedge.net
PilotEdge ATCS | University of North Dakota FAA CTI