Rolling back to 10.11

MikeT

Rolling back to 10.11

Post by MikeT »

Hey Folks,

So I have upgraded to 10.20 and had audio issues on PE so I want to roll back to 10.11. I re installed from my 10.10 discs but now of course it wants to update to 10.20. Is there anyway to upgrade just to 10.11 that any of you know about?

Thanks,

Mike
MikeT

Re: Rolling back to 10.11

Post by MikeT »

Quick update on this and a warning to others.

First the reason for all the version shenanigans on my end is that apparently 10.20 on a Mac is having some issues with voice quality when connected to PE. From what I have been told it is intermittent and I was just one of the unlucky ones that got hit with it. However now I have no way to roll back to 10.11... keep reading

The folks at X-Plane support are telling me that I will have to go with 10.10, which is what is on my DVD's, when I fly on PE. Apparently there is no way to roll back to 10.11 Their exact words were... There is no way to update to 10.11 any more as we no longer have it ourselves." Huh??? what do you mean you don't have it? Didn't you develop it? How is it that the developer no longer has the old build of a piece of software they developed? That don't give me the warm fuzzy about the X-Plane dev team.

So for others out there on a Mac with X-plane 10.11 don't upgrade your 10.11 build until you know it is problem free. To do this the X-Plane folks are suggesting a separate install on your desktop as a test platform. Upgrade that one first and then drop in your add ons to see if they work.

Hopefully this will help someone else from getting in the same spot as I am.

Mike
Goose

Post by Goose »

If you had time take a look in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2289

For two of us we found a solution for the 10.20 audio issue.
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Hey Goose, thanks for the reply, I hadn't noticed thas thread. Interesting that if you go in with the mini plug it seems to fix things. For now I think I will just stay on 10.10 and wait for the 64bit version of PE. I do the vast majority of my flying connected to the network anyway. Also I have add on aircraft that are going to need updates to run with 10.20 so I might as well wait a bit. Actually that's what I should have done in the first place instead of jumping on upgrade the day it released... I should know better. What's the old saying, "The pioneers get the arrows, the settlers get the land"

Mike
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Once you've been around X-Plane long enough, you will realize you should always make a backup of your current version before updating to the next beta. You never know when the new beta will be broken. Copy all the applications (X-Plane, Plane-Maker, Airfoil-Maker) and your Output folder to a folder and name it X-Plane V10.xx_backup. Keeping the Output folder will archive your preferences, too.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I have had to update a couple of times with XP10. It has a quirky issue where if you copy the installation from another PV, and run them both at the same time on thje same network with the same net settings, it will corrupt one or both copies.

And what is with that Default Settings window after a crash?