First flight in new Carenado C210 for XP on PE

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Jeff N

First flight in new Carenado C210 for XP on PE

Post by Jeff N »

I just got the new Carenado C210 for X-Plane last night and of course had to do my first flight right away on the network.

First lap around the pattern at KWHP started out well enough but in my excitement I forgot to lower the gear... :oops: Reconnected, made myself a checklist and got back up there. Such a nice-flying airplane. Very much like a bigger, faster Skyhawk; quite manageable once I got used to it.

On the ramp - incredible detail as always from Carenado:

Beautifully rendered panel:

Taxiing:

On left downwind for 30 - you can just make out "4 stacks" in the distance (common r/w reporting point for the area):

Lined up at 12 before a nice sunset departure to KCMA:

And finally arrived at KCMA - I dig the red cabin lighting:

Another excellent product from Carenado. Beautiful flying characteristics, amazing detail and very FPS-friendly. I highly recommend picking it up.
wdhurley

Re: First flight in new Carenado C210 for XP on PE

Post by wdhurley »

I have it for FSX and was disappointed in the flaps. Initially, when you put one notch of flaps in, the a/c began a crazy climb (more than would ever be anticipated). I confirmed it iwht a friend of mine who owns a 210 and found quite a few people complaining of the same thing on the FSX plane. After we reworked the lift in the .cfg, the airplane really is a great flying airplane. It and the 337 are two of Carenado's best yet.
breadwild

Post by breadwild »

wdhurley: did you report the flap issue to Daniel at Carenado?
YouTube Channel (X-Plane)
X-Plane Tools (.fms generators)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I have to say, most r/w pilots haven't been thrilled with the Carenado flight models in FSX or XP10. Their planes always look good, but I've struggled to find people with in-type experience who are singing the praises of their handling characteristics.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Keith, in your opinion, can you name few X-Plane airplanes ( payware/free) that are the closest to rl as far as flight models? Thanks. Cheers, AJ
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Jason Chandler's aircraft have always been touted as having great flight models. His Pipers are a steal at about a buck a plane. Most of his planes are under $20. I have most of his planes, along with all of the Carenados. Jason uses stock sounds and stock instruments, but his flight models are pretty dang close.

http://www.c74.net/xplane/
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Thank you, Gentlemen. Cheers, AJ
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

That's a little disappointing that the flight model isn't completely faithful to the real thing, but I'll continue to enjoy it anyway. It's not like I'm going to be flying a real Centurion any time soon and notice the difference.