New feature on my Simulator

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Daddy O

New feature on my Simulator

Post by Daddy O »

Since I have a 2 seater simulator, I went ahead and split the right seat off into its own sim. Now the left and right seats can fly together via IP. The seat on the right has a standard set of Saitek X54 throttle-stick, and pedals. But it also has a custom built collective so I can fly choppers.

in this pic you can just make out the two planes facing each other.
Attachments
2-sims-in-one.jpg
2-sims-in-one.jpg (116.6 KiB) Viewed 3344 times
Daddy O

Re: New feature on my Simulator

Post by Daddy O »

And here is a picture with a better view of the simulator itself.
Attachments
Simulator.jpg
Simulator.jpg (154.92 KiB) Viewed 3343 times
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Here is another, rarely seen view over the B52 copilot's right shoulder at the X15 being carried under the wing. The lower screen is the view inside the x15 itself. So the left half of my simulator is the B52, and the right seat is the X15 waiting to drop at FL40.

Next I test the same feature with the space shuttle/747 captive carry. I happen to have a modified shuttle that has a tiny bit of fuel in the rear tanks (enough to go from ground to 20k verrrrry quickly) But first I have to rebuild the cockpit in the new XP10 NASA 747 so it'll work on the #2 computer.

Anyone remember the opening scene to Moonraker?
Attachments
B52-carrying-X15.jpg
B52-carrying-X15.jpg (87.15 KiB) Viewed 3298 times
dc8flightdeck

Post by dc8flightdeck »

That is really cool with the X-15 and the B-52. We have a real B-52 cockpit that years ago Boeing converted to a sim and that we modified to flightsim, one of these days I hope to set up a scenario with an X-15 as you have done.

Justin