drones appear as my aircraft type

dc8flightdeck

drones appear as my aircraft type

Post by dc8flightdeck »

All the drones appear as the same aircraft I am flying. Iknow Nellis should show F-15 and a T-38 rather the three F-4 phantoms. Im using a client configuration. Any ideas on how to make them show up as the correct aircraft types?

Thanks.
dc8flightdeck

Re: drones appear as my aircraft type

Post by dc8flightdeck »

No. Honestly, I dont even know how to. It changed to Phantoms on its own.

Justin
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you change to another aircraft type (just as a test), do the planes change type to the new aircraft that you select?
dc8flightdeck

Post by dc8flightdeck »

Correct, I confirmed changing planes makes the drones appear as my new aircraft selection.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Wow, not sure what's going on there. We have very few FS2004 users, and I haven't seen this behavior in my installation before, but when I get back to the office I'll see if I can replicate it.

Do you have the stock FS2004 aircraft in place? My only thought is that might be trying to create a specific aircraft type (one of the stock aircraft that we expect to be available with FS2004), failing to find it, and falling back to the current aircraft that you're flying. Just a guess, though.
dc8flightdeck

Post by dc8flightdeck »

The stock planes are there. I used to see three F-15 Eagles at Nellis, but then it changed to its current status. Now that I think about it, I think it happened after my attempt to also install a copy of VATSIM squawk box which crashed PE and caused other problems.. I used a Vista system restore point to get PE back in action.

The next time the sim is on Ill check to see if drones and traffic outside of Nellis show up as F-4 Phantoms

So you know, Im using PE via a client laptop which I prefer for keeping the audio seperate for the headset.

Thanks,
Justin
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

I've got exactly the same issue (drones show up as my type) - but I'm on FSX.

It's a different computer to the one I used before (where I was just fine).

Never had FS2004 on this new computer.

Was there an easy fix to this?

Thanks.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.