FLY PFC hardware?

RiteFlyer

Re: FLY PFC hardware?

Post by RiteFlyer »

I suppose I could elaborate! I am running X-Plane v9.7-- Just wanted to find out how it performs regarding encoder response, etc. Thanks.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I have a bunch of experience with it since most of the PFC rigs use the RIC, and I've flown the sims for many hours at tradeshows. The encoder response is good, although if you spin the knob too fast, it will sometimes turn the instrument the wrong way. This is pretty common with other encoders that I've seen. Otherwise, it's lovely.
RiteFlyer

Post by RiteFlyer »

Great, thanks Keith. Now just have to make it fit!
"Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I”
-Pink Floyd, "Learning to Fly”
RiteFlyer

Post by RiteFlyer »

Using the PFC RIC - it works great!
"Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I”
-Pink Floyd, "Learning to Fly”
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Hey, whatd you pay for that salvaged cessna cockpit?
Philby12

Post by Philby12 »

Steven Winslow wrote:Go to the Settings menu then the Joystick, Keys and Equipment. See the screenshots below. Go to either the Buttons: Basic or the Buttons: Advanced pages. Then click the button you want to assign on the yoke, then select the Contact ATC button, then click the yoke button again then close the Joystick, Keys and Equipment page and you will be good to go. This is in V9.7, but I think V10 is pretty much the same. Good luck!

Hi, I am new to Xplane 10, I am trying to get it to work with my Serial port Cirrus II console from FlyPFC, I know you ticked the PFC options under joysticks, but that doesn't seem to make plane fly or anything, even though it appears from window that Xplane is rececing data from PFC. I was wondering if you don't mind could you post a screen shot of your setting of Xplane with PFC connected?

Thanks in advance
Phil
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Phil,

Make sure you're talking to someone who has the same serial yoke, not a USB yoke, because the settings are completely different.

Also, have you considered contacting PFC or Laminar Research? Either one of them should be able to provide reasonable support for that configuration.
Philby12

Post by Philby12 »

Keith Smith wrote:Phil,

Make sure you're talking to someone who has the same serial yoke, not a USB yoke, because the settings are completely different.

Also, have you considered contacting PFC or Laminar Research? Either one of them should be able to provide reasonable support for that configuration.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reply.

Shall do. Aim waiting on reply from PFC, but hadn't thought about contacting Laminar.

Cheers
Phil