XP10 CRJ-200 shots

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
Kim Ellis

Re: XP10 CRJ-200 shots

Post by Kim Ellis »

I am still amazed at the quality of the rendering. Videos next :) Oh, stop, I didn't say that, we have had that discussion twice already. Really like the one of me on final, thanks.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Not a bad model at all, and I only see 1 FAR violation in my quick scan of the pictures :D

Edit: Actually make that 2, some required flap markings for an AD are missing.

Edit 2: And you're missing a few rudder static wicks... ok I'm done, I promise...
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
rgrazian

Post by rgrazian »

I LOVE that plane, too bad I can't fly it worth a darn unless there's whiskey in my coffee!
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It really is a sweet ride. I will be using the CRJ for some of the live cockpit broadcasts in the coming months. As you probably know, the FMS data is pretty bad for LNAV off the runway. More often than not, I have to use HDG mode and VOR's until I get established on the departure, then transition to FMS mode once the 'hard' part is over. It seems a lot more reliable a method than hoping the FMS gets the DP right.

The descents are a lot of fun, too, using SPD mode and tweaking the power setting to get the bottom of descent right in line with a crossing restriction from ATC. The plane doesn't let you relax much other than the enroute portion, and I'm ok with that.
rgrazian

Post by rgrazian »

That's EXACTLY what happened this morning. I used VORs the second time. Much better. It was pretty sloppy on the first go.
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Rob,

I actually rebuilt the PEBLE4 SID (it was listed as PEBLE3 in the data I had), fixing the OCN R-170 crossing (the issue is that some of the item need to be programmed in true degs, not magnetic. The headings and radials are examples of those). However, I lost that fix during a hard drive crash a while ago and haven't fixed it since. Ever since then, I've been hand flying the DP's or using HDG mode and VORs until established on the point to point portions of the SID, which generally work really well with the FMS. Examples of this would be the POM7 up until POM, PORTE4 until PORTE and the PEBLE4 up to MELDY.
criley

Post by criley »

Keith,

When you say you "rebuilt the PEBLE4 SID (it was listed as PEBLE3 in the data I had)", what did you do? I have not had a chance to fly the CRJ-200 until recently and I am just now getting familiar with the FMS. I have noticed that several of the STARS are old or missing and I was assuming that was due to not having a recent cycle update from Navigraph. Is the FMS data not what everyone says it is cracked up to be and is it truly fixable? Thanks for the info.

Chris
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I looked through the XML files that represent the procedures and modified them.