Disconnect from PE and X-plane crash 3 times

Keith Smith

Re: Disconnect from PE and X-plane crash 3 times

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve, there were no known issues at that time. A weak wireless signal is a definite candidate. There's a lot of data that gets sent up and down the pipe and in my experience, if the wifi connection isn't solid, there are 'burps' in the service which can be a problem. I can't think of a reason why one version of X-Plane would be more susceptible to disconnects than any other. Is there any chance of temporarily hardwiring the connection to the PC (even if it means having a chord across the floor for a few hours?)
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

I can connect it via a Powerline connection and will try this later. Thanks for your help.

Steve
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

Keith
I connected to the router via a Powerline bridge and was able to maintain a PE connection without a problem for 15 mins - so the wifi connection is the prime suspect. I tried to reconnect using wifi to see if the connection would go down, but either the router or Windows decided that it didn't want to connect me to the Internet by wifi. So I was connected to the router and no further. Something to do with the wifi adapter trying to reuse an IP address and the router not liking it according to Google. Will have to try the experiment again when the router is not so grumpy.

Steve