Scenery for PE

mdolislager

Re: Free Scenery for PilotEdge users

Post by mdolislager »

Thanks for the help! Got it to work but my poor little computer takes 6 months to load up the LA photo scenery. It' a shame. Your airport scenery is fantastic and I am happy with that part.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

I uploaded KFUL Fullerton Municipal Airport to the org.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20673

I have others in the works and will be starting a new thread soon with all available airports and scenery indexed in the first post to make it easier for people to find them.
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Jeff N wrote:I uploaded KFUL Fullerton Municipal Airport to the org.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20673

I have others in the works and will be starting a new thread soon with all available airports and scenery indexed in the first post to make it easier for people to find them.
Hi Jeff,
Once again I have to share my appreciation of the airports. The sim is coming to life before my eyes!! I have now flown back and forth from KSNA to KFUL about six times!!
Keep up the great work!!

Vince
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Awesome, glad you dig the scenery, Vince!

There's more to come. I'm starting to get the hang of custom objects so there should be a little more variety and detail in future airports.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I think I had a KFUL in the library already.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Jeff is doing the scenery using the XP10 standard art assets.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Daddy O wrote:I think I had a KFUL in the library already.
I had an old KFUL that came with another package, can't remember which, but it wasn't available separately and I lost it when I started making my own airports.

In other news...

I just found an absolute gem at the org - someone finally made a new up-to-date version of KSBA! No more having to explain to ground controllers why you're taxiing in the dirt! The RL runway length and taxiways were changed in 2011 and all versions of Santa Barbara for X-Plane used the old layout. All X-Plane users, download this now! It's very accurate and looks fantastic. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20759
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

I just keep watching for Jeff's name on the forums, he has got his eye on the scenery scene!!
KSBA is much better than before and up to date.
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

There was a ksba on my page too. The kful on my site even has the air museum. Ksba even has acurately terminal gates and custom spawn points.

Http://home.comcast.net/~adam_celaya
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Adam, the problem with ALL the SBA scenery packages up until the recent one on the org is that they had the old layout which presents problems when flying online, as I mentioned in my last post. And Fullerton was packaged with another airport and not available on its own.

Your files are excellent though and a huge asset to the PE community. I've been using and enjoying them since I joined PE in the beta days. I'm not looking to duplicate them for the most part, just the few that I thought should have updated assets, like Keith said. Most of my work now is being done on airports that haven't already been covered.