Curios if anyone else....

currentadventure

Curios if anyone else....

Post by currentadventure »

Has had a lost comm situation on the network. Today while flying from L22-KSMX, I lost all comms about 3/4 way through the flight. Last thing I remember hearing was a controller telling someone wanting to depart LAX that he needed to file a proper flight plan, not direct. After that, it got quiet. I didn't think too much about it at first, but then I tried raising several different controllers on multiple freq's. to no avail.

Eventually, I just sqawked 7600 and landed without incident at KSMX. I didn't get disconnected as I could see myself on the PE maps and once I landed, I disconnected and reconnected and was able to talk with the ground controller again.

Just wondering if any else has had a similar experience?
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
matt

Re: Curios if anyone else....

Post by matt »

I bet your generator was not turned on. It has happened to me before.
Keith Smith

Re: Curios if anyone else....

Post by Keith Smith »

Reconnecting and connecting wouldn't fix the problem if it was a dead battery in the plane. If there is a glitch in connectivity between your machine and our servers, then it's possible for you to remain connected to the network, but lose your voice connection. If you suspect you've lost your voice server connection, you should disconnect/reconnect the pilot client. Ideally, this would be a case we would trap and handle automatically.