Upcoming workshops?

announcements, discussions and recordings of PilotEdge real-time workshops
twharrell

Upcoming workshops?

Post by twharrell »

Keith,

Are you planning any new workshops for the near or distant future? You've certainly covered a lot of ground up to this point, but since I have enjoyed watching your workshops so much I was hoping more would be coming!

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Keith Smith

Re: Upcoming workshops?

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks for the reminder. There's so much core stuff going on right now, it's hard to keep up with the extracurricular activity. Yes, more workshops are planned. I'll be moving to cockpit-based training scenarios. That requires some different screen sharing technology, so I'm looking into it. They will be posted on the front page and a newsletter will go out when we're ready to resume in a month or two.
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Well, it's been more than a month or two, so I thought I'd check in. ;)

Any movement on this front? I know you've been busy with a couple of commercial endeavors, so I understand if the focus has been on more important tasks.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Was actually just thinking about this today. I tried some streaming with a new tool that's available for twitch, but by account seems messed up (it was migrated over from justin.tv). I guess I'll try creating a new account on twitch and see if that works.

I'm also contemplating a basic ATC communications (VFR followed by IFR), but for most people who already fly here, I'm not sure it would be of much interest.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Keith Smith wrote:I'm also contemplating a basic ATC communications (VFR followed by IFR), but for most people who already fly here, I'm not sure it would be of much interest.
Keith, I'm willing to bet that you're quite wrong about this.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Frank Pate

Post by Frank Pate »

I'm willing to bet on the side of Cyrus. Communication is the basis for this community and honing skills can't be bad.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

thanks for the feedback, I will keep it in mind.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Good idea! Good basic procedure helps when things get a bit more complex.

Pet niggles....

"with you"
"climbing 2 6000" umm was that 6000 or 26,000? :lol:

from a not so perfect procedure man, but one who tries ;)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Oh yes, plenty of pet peeves that can be addressed. My other favorite has to be the life story check in,

"Southern California TRACON Radar Approach Facility Control Building West Concourse, THIS IS Cessna Skyhawk November One Two Three Four Alpha Bravo, type Cessna Skyhawk One Seventy Two, Slant Golf.....WITH YOU. We are just over our present position at this time, APPROXIMATELY three hundred and forty eight miles west southwest of a fix you've never heard of that also isn't in your airspace, just over a vague geographical reference that won't help you in the slightest. It's near a road, by the lake...no the other lake. Correction, there are TWO roads in sight. I say again, two roads in sight. We're in a Cessna 172SP Skyhawk, request radar advisories and flight following, and if you have time, traffic advisories to our destination. We're heading to Los Angeles International Airport, L A X, you may not be familiar with that one, let me spell it kinetically, Kilo...Lion, Adam, Xavier, correction ...xylophone. Currently at four zero five zero feet, that's FL270 fathoms, altimeter two niner, niner two after pressing the 'B' key in my simulator, which is Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Gold Edition. Type Skyhawk, Cessna 172SP.......

Current heading 302, speed 118. Landing light on, beacon on, strobes on, mixture currently full rich because I have no idea what that knob does. Squawking One Two Zero Zero. Type Skyhawk, with you....

I say again...."

I won't lie, that had some significant therapeutic value.
bruce

Post by bruce »

I somehow though there was, saves paying the shrink :lol:

Seriously though there could be value in a basic radio procedures workshop