Yet more connection problems

sronayne96

Yet more connection problems

Post by sronayne96 »

Currently I can connect to PE fine and I can see myself on the online live map etc. However when I try to call or listen to ATC I get nothing. They obviously can't hear me and I can't hear them. Any suggestions?
Seán Ronayne
Twitter: @sronayne96
PPL student at Weston Airport, Ireland. (EIWT)
sronayne96

Re: Yet more connection problems

Post by sronayne96 »

Also when I go into the Vspro menu and click preferences X-Plane crashes. The log.txt does say that vspro has caused X-Plane to crash. So clearly I've got an issue with my pilot client plugin possibly amongst other things.
Seán Ronayne
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sronayne96 wrote:Also when I go into the Vspro menu and click preferences X-Plane crashes. The log.txt does say that vspro has caused X-Plane to crash. So clearly I've got an issue with my pilot client plugin possibly amongst other things.
That's a known issue with the 64-bit client on some machines. It's a problem with 3rd party listbox code which has since been fixed in the new release. I just got a unified distribution built for Mac and Windows, will try to post it tonight. The new Windows plugin has no problem on the audio prefs screen any more.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

OK thanks. Any suggestions on the connection problems?
Seán Ronayne
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

I've been using my mobile phone's internet to connect to PE for a while as my home broadband is really poor and it kept disconnecting from PE. However for some reason when I use mobile internet now I can connect to PE fine but can't hear controllers or contact them and I presume they can't hear me. This is quite frustrating as I now have no means of properly connecting to PE. My mobile internet no longer connects to the voice servers for some strange reason and my home broadband causes me to disconnect from PE every minute or so and it can take a while to re connect. Just great!
Seán Ronayne