Carenado King Air C90 5 digit XPNDR

Ryan B

Carenado King Air C90 5 digit XPNDR

Post by Ryan B »

I've asked on the .ORG support forum for help but not a lot of answers....

The controllers on PE see my king air with a five digit transponder code.... how odd!

This is the only plane it happens in but I don't fly a lot of XP and I'm wondering if it's ever happened to anyone else here?
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Re: Carenado King Air C90 5 digit XPNDR

Post by Keith Smith »

Ryan, I'm pretty sure we're going to have to go down to the packet level on this one, something is a miss.

PM or email me with a few times you're available and we'll check it out.
ncsterno

Post by ncsterno »

Ryan,
I had the same problem w/ that AC several months ago. Like you, it only effected that particular model(other Carenado products not effected).
I am out of town on business at the moment and working from my laptop, but if I recall correctly, look at any plug-ins you might have added recently. In my case, I believe I had added a remote FMC plug-in, and even though I wasn't using it, when I deleted it, the 5 digit squawk issue went away.
If you need more details on the plug-in involved, I'll try to be more specific when I return home tomorrow.
Good Luck,
Chris
Chris Stern
PPL-Instrument Rated-ASEL
Cape Fear Flying Club
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
DA-40XLS N695DS
DA-40XLS N829DS
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Well I installed Flywith LUA so I can run pretty cloud shadows and sky colors....

Other than that I have Gizmo, PE obviously, XPLM and XP Widgets

And EDIT!!! Fixed it. There was a folder within the enabled Scripts folder called Checklists. Inside that folder was some file controlling transponder related data. I deleted the entire Checklists folder as I only want the script running so I can get the clouds enabled hehe.
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL