Now What Did I Do? (XP CTD on Load)

Ryan B

Now What Did I Do? (XP CTD on Load)

Post by Ryan B »

Just as I figured out this plugin problem I've got a more serious one.

I was intending to fly on vatsim so I installed the XSquawkbox. I was able to connect to the vatsim network and see people. I was having some mic issues so I went to Pilot Edge plugin preferences to see what my mic settings were. XP didn't like that and CTD.

Now I can't even start XP, much less load it. It get's to VSPro plugin and just CTD instantly.

I've even deleted the XSB plugin file and it still won't load. It won't load at default rendering options.

ARGH!

Any ideas on this one? I see a mention of two files overlapping with XSB and PE clients (on the PE main download site) but I can't seem to find that file anywhere on my system.

Finally in the main folder I see VSPro.out - I read it with notepad and it says:

Starting up: PilotEdge client, V0.9.2
initVoice with device NULL, returned 0
VSPro initialized
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Ryan B

Re: Now What Did I Do? (XP CTD on Load)

Post by Ryan B »

Update: Seems to be directly related to PE (in fact I now remember I just download the new build whatever was on the site) AND/OR XSB. (I just download 1.2 off their site)

I can delete both VSPro/PE and XSB plugins and XP10 loads fine. Once I was able to reload XSB and have XP load, but placing PE plugin back in created a CTD.

UPDATE #2: So I noticed the download of the new PE software file contains the root folder, PilotEdge. Earlier in my root plugins folder not only did I have a PilotEdge folder, I also had a VSPro Resources folder. The new download of PE contains VSPro Resources INSIDE the PE folder. I then placed said folder in the ROOT Plugins folder and XP at least loaded the VSPro plugin and other things before finally CTD. At this point I have XP10 running without any PE related files. XSB is running fine.

My log is curious really because it appears to have lots of errors but prior to installing XSB AND updating PE to new version I didn't really have any problems (except the king air issue which was entirely solved prior to these two new plugin additions).

(Forum won't let me upload it?!?)
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I had a similar problem when I updated the client.

From your post it read like you moved the vspro directory into the PilotEdge directory. If you did then download the client again. If not disregard.

Copy the PilotEdge folder into your plugins directory. Now open another file explorer and navigate to the PilotEdge folder. Check each file in the PilotEdge folder (and sub folders) and make it's not in the plugins folder. If you find a duplicate move it out of the plugins folder. Once you get all the duplicates out of the plugins folder it should run fine.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Remove all traces of the old plugin from the 'plugins' folder. This would include the teamspeak/fmodel dlls, libpng, and msvcr100.dll. Then, unzip the new pilotedge_fat.zip. This will create a PilotEdge folder. Drag the folder into the plugins folder.
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

I think I did it because PE is working again.

Can it be used with XSB installed? Because I could never find that shared file the web site mentions.
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL