X-FMC an PilotEdge

AtomicFrawg

X-FMC an PilotEdge

Post by AtomicFrawg »

All,

I ran across an issue with X-FMC and PilotEdge were x-fmc was crashing. It was outputting an FMOD error so I contacted the Dev (Max) of X-FMC.

We went through the folders and he explained what FMOD error was. We found that the sound in X-FMC was not being loaded and was crashing due to the fact it could not call a sound file. So we did a bit of back tracking. Its also worthy to note they use the latest version of fmodex64.dll. (11/13/13)

I remembered that when I first jumped on pilotedge, I no longer heard the X-FMC callouts at the start of X-Plane. So we started looking there.
What we found is that PilotEdge is using an older version of the fmodex64.dll(6/10/2010). X-plane is calling up the older dll first and will not allow the new dll to load, which is causing an issue with x-fmc.
I then tried to move the newer version of the dll to pilotedge so see if that work. That ended as a No Go but X-FMC worked and PilotEdge failed to load up.

So right now, I have to pull one plugin out of the plugin folder depending on what I am doing for the day. I hope this can be easily resolved as X-FMC is a great program and is used a lot over the stock xplane FMC.

Feel free to contact me Keith, if you any questions or need my help to test.
Keith Smith

Re: X-FMC an PilotEdge

Post by Keith Smith »

When we swap to the new version of the voice library (will be needed for the Mac 64-bit plugin), this should take care of itself.
AtomicFrawg

Re: X-FMC an PilotEdge

Post by AtomicFrawg »

Sweet! :D