help!

Tomas Mateus

help!

Post by Tomas Mateus »

i recently installed XP10 and got everything running, but when i connect to pilotedge the controllers voice is too low on volume and the aircraft sound is too high, when I go to the sound settings nothing changes...
Pieces

Re: help!

Post by Pieces »

There are several posts on this topic if you look around the forums.

General solutions:
  • Turn down the engine/prop/avionics fan volume in the X-Plane Settings -> Sound menu
  • If you're flying Carenado/Alabeo aircraft the engine volume is controlled by a knob somewhere in the cockpit, usually on the radio panel. Turn it down.
Hopefully that helps.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Depending on how your sound is setup on your computer you can probably also adjust your sound settings with the volume sliders there. I have my "Sim" slider all the way down to 25% (P3D) and my PE client slider all the way up to 100%.

I then adjust the P3D sim slider, if needed when switching aircraft as there's a wide range of volumes that come with them.

The last piece of that puzzle is simply turning the volume nob on my sound system up or down so the engines and PE voice are comfortable (using sound through speakers).
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lance,

That solution will not work for X-Plane as the plugin runs in-process as a plugin. This means there isn't a separate volume slider for the 'PE client' when it comes to X-Plane.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Bummer... You poor xPlane folk... :-)
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air