PilotEdge Plugin fails to load on OSX

jpoirier

PilotEdge Plugin fails to load on OSX

Post by jpoirier »

It's an OSX 10.9.4 mid 2010 MacBook Pro. Not the machine I normally run x-plane on-I'm testing a plugin.

From Log.txt
----------------
XSB WARNING: Parse Error in file /Volumes/ext/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources/CSL/Keith/xsb_aircraft.txt line 42.
OBJECT __Keith:jets:Lear60.obj.
XSB WARNING: the model /Volumes/ext/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources/CSL/Keith/jets/Lear60.obj failed to load.
Failed: /Volumes/ext/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/mac.xpl. (The plugin refused to start by returning 0 from XPluginStart.)

--=={This application has crashed!}==--

From PilotEdge_out.txt
----------------------------
Starting up: PilotEdge client, V1.0.7
initVoice with device NULL, returned 0
initial CSL dir = ext:X-Plane 10:Resources:plugins:PilotEdge:VSPro Resources:CSL
CSL dir = /Volumes/ext/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources/CSL
PilotEdge: fail during multiplayer init: There were problems initializing libXPMP. Please examine X-Plane's error.out file for detailed information.

thanks,
joe
Keith Smith

Re: PilotEdge Plugin fails to load on OSX

Post by Keith Smith »

This was a known issue for Linux, didn't know it was affecting the Mac since it's been running fine on all the macs we've tested so far.

The solution is simple, just rename the lear60.obj file to Learj60.obj (uppercase L) to match what's in the config file.

Keith
jpoirier

Post by jpoirier »

Sorry, too much multitasking; I should have caught that since I do have case sensitive partitions set on my mac. Wait, shouldn't all real operating systems respect/understand file system case. :\

-joe
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

they all understand it, it's a question of how they handle it.

I have updated my dev build to fix the case on the lear, next release won't have the conflict.
jpoirier

Post by jpoirier »

Yup, Windows systems do preserve case but only the server installs seem to handle it properly when configured to do so.