PilotEdge Receiver Install File Not Connecting

Michael Smith

PilotEdge Receiver Install File Not Connecting

Post by Michael Smith »

After downloading and executing the PE Receiver Install file, an error message appears saying it could not connect to the internet... My connection is working fine... any ideas?
Flows Prevent Collisions - Good Landings Easy
ChuckOman

Re: PilotEdge Receiver Install File Not Connecting

Post by ChuckOman »

I had same problem. Tried receiver again a couple of days later, and it worked. Maybe a voice server thing ?
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

After reading this thread I had the following questions:
  • What sim are you using (FSX, X-plane, P3D, ect)
  • What OS (Windows, MAC, Linux)?
  • What version of the PE client as several have been posted lately? IMO not a bad idea to confirm running the latest down load
There were also server changes and recent outages.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4249

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4244
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

They're talking about the audio receiver, not the pilot client.
temkhabana

Post by temkhabana »

The old program was working just fine. I have tried installing the new one a few times, and removed the old program, and still can not get past the following error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue... Exception Text: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at pilotedge_receiver.ConnectionManager.TimeCheck() etc....
PurdueKev

Post by PurdueKev »

temkhabana wrote:The old program was working just fine. I have tried installing the new one a few times, and removed the old program, and still can not get past the following error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue... Exception Text: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at pilotedge_receiver.ConnectionManager.TimeCheck() etc....
I appear to be having the same problem and "unhandled exception error". PilotEdge receiver was working fine this afternoon.

EDIT: Well, I just fired up PE Receiver again after about 10 minutes and the error went away. I also have the Live Map back (it was not showing any aircraft). Very odd.
Kevin Jaeger
Rural MD (Washington, DC area near KFDK)
PE V-3
My Alphabet Challenge results
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

temkhabana wrote:The old program was working just fine. I have tried installing the new one a few times, and removed the old program, and still can not get past the following error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue... Exception Text: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at pilotedge_receiver.ConnectionManager.TimeCheck() etc....
I can't get it to work and get this mess all the time lately.
----

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\PilotEdge Receiver\identity.dat' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path)
at PilotEdge_Receiver.ts3client.GetIdentity()
at PilotEdge_Receiver.ts3client.connect(String ip, UInt32 port, String username, String password, String channel, String channelPassword)
at PilotEdge_Receiver.ConnectionManager.Add(UInt64 channelID)
at PilotEdge_Receiver.RadioPresenter.Connect()
at PilotEdge_Receiver.FormReceiver.Connect_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PilotEdge Receiver
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/PilotEdge%20Receiver/PilotEdge%20Receiver.exe
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
log4net
Assembly Version: 1.2.11.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.11.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/PilotEdge%20Receiver/log4net.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I encountered the SAME problem starting Monday afternoon. Was working great before then.

Also had another 1st issue. My X-Plane set up is normally very stable. During taxi for departure from KFIP, lost communications. Disconnecting/reconnected did not solve the issue. One interesting thing I noted was the frequency listed on the online map showed 199.99 instead of the frequency dialed.

I shut down X-Plane and then re-connected and this resolved. Of the hours spent on Pilotedge this is the 1st time this has happened. Are the two events related?
temkhabana

Post by temkhabana »

My error now says "Unable to conect to pilotedge.net. Please check your internet connection and try again. Of course I am posting this on the internet while getting this error, so I AM on the internet just fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Do I need the debugging previously mentioned?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

wmburns wrote:I encountered the SAME problem starting Monday afternoon. Was working great before then.

Also had another 1st issue. My X-Plane set up is normally very stable. During taxi for departure from KFIP, lost communications. Disconnecting/reconnected did not solve the issue. One interesting thing I noted was the frequency listed on the online map showed 199.99 instead of the frequency dialed.

I shut down X-Plane and then re-connected and this resolved. Of the hours spent on Pilotedge this is the 1st time this has happened. Are the two events related?
No, those two are not related. The frequency will be listed as 199.998 if our plugin thinks the avionics are off, or if your radio has failed. It could also happen if there is a severe system issue on our end, but that has been resolved as far as I know. If you see it again, let me know.