AI Traffic

JustinWheat

AI Traffic

Post by JustinWheat »

I have update X Plane 10 to the most recent beta version. I have set the flight models to 1 in x plane settings like it mentions in the setup instructions for pilot edge. Why am I see a 747 taxi out in KSNA while connected to the network? Is there a setting I am missing to not see any AI traffic? Thanks!
Keith Smith

Re: AI Traffic

Post by Keith Smith »

Set it to the lowest number possible (might be zero). If it is zero, let me know and I'll update the docs. I was under the impression that it was the total number of aircraft including you, hence setting it to 1 would disable AI traffic. If not, then set it to zero if you can. Sorry I can't test myself, I'm on "vacation" without my xplane PC.
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

1 works for me. I have to keep resetting it though, because loading the glider tow automatically adds an aircraft for the towplane.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

JustinWheat wrote:...I have set the flight models to 1 in x plane settings like it mentions in the setup instructions for pilot edge. Why am I see a 747 taxi out in KSNA while connected to the network? Is there a setting I am missing to not see any AI traffic? Thanks!
You need to go to the Aircraft and Situations menu, go to the Other Aircraft tab and set the number of aircraft to 1. Setting the number of flight models has nothing to do with the number of AI aircraft. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 8.53.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 8.53.49 PM.png (87.76 KiB) Viewed 3887 times
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

My bad, Steve, I didn't see that he was setting flight models rather than other aircraft. Absolutely right, 'flight models' has no bearing on any of this.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Thanks! Was looking at the wrong section. Everything is good to go know.