Smartcopilot Almost there...

JasonProctor

Smartcopilot Almost there...

Post by JasonProctor »

I really want to get this to work the concept is great.

I know it can work because I've seen Keith's demo,

I tried to use Smartcopilot in the Demo mode. I was able to connect with the other pilot and could see changes made from the other pilots inputs Throttle, Radio, Nav and OBS inputs. this worked both ways.
The problem is when I taxied the plane the other pilot's plane did not mirror the movement it remained in the same static position . When My aircraft was moving the other pilot could stop the plane with his breaks.

Can anyone shed some light on this or even better if someone that been successful using Smartcopilot would volunteer to connect with me and try to trouble shoot I would be very grateful.

I'm using a windows 8 machine and TeamSpeak for communication. I would really like to use this set up for IPC and IFR training.
Eventually I would hope that I can use this in PilotEdge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

PS We loaded Hamachi and the 172 CFIG files and we were able to Ping each other

Jason

510-593-6441
Keith Smith

Re: Smartcopilot Almost there...

Post by Keith Smith »

Try another plane, see if the problem is aircraft specific. I haven't used Hamachi, only direct connect.
JasonProctor

Post by JasonProctor »

Keith

Thanks for the reply.

We also tried the Columbia 400 with the same results. What is Direct connect ? I googled it and there are so many results that don't match what I'm looking for. Can you provide a link to what your using , I will try it tonight.

Much appreciated

Jason
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Jason,

direct connect means you find out the IP of the person you want to connect to and you use that rather than Hamachi. You will need to configure port forwarding on your router, though, so that the router forwards the data to your computer. If you google 'port fowarding' I'm sure it'll give you what you need.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Jason,

Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll get you sorted out.

Chris

Edit: 99% of SmartCoPilot issues are connection related, but I've been successful using Hamachi, so that shouldn't be the issue.
JasonProctor

Post by JasonProctor »

Chris

Thanks for the help in advance. I just shot you a PM

Cheers

Jason
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

I had the experience of using smart copilot this past weekend. We were connected through Hamachi. Not a single issue with the connection. Works great when it is 100%. Need any help just shoot a pm. Thanks!
JasonProctor

Post by JasonProctor »

Thanks for the responses, Chris was able to get me connected and everything work well, what a great plug in.

Once again thanks

Jason