ksna secenry folder

falopz

ksna secenry folder

Post by falopz »

hi how can i sort the folder the way jeff suggest, windows 7 doesnt let me sort it the way y want, just by name size etc.....

luis
falopz

Re: ksna secenry folder

Post by falopz »

also i cant locate scenery.ini if located what to when contest its copied to clickboard.....newbuye here, but fsx and prepar scenery installed wo problem...

luis
falopz

Post by falopz »

guys do i need to download simheaven file, and do i need to install open scnery x,,,,im lost here....simheaven file is 5 gig....
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

You do need OpenSceneryX for most add-on airport packs to look correct. However, the SimHeaven photoscenery is completely optional. That's what's shown in my airport file screen shots but it's up to you if you want to use it. Some don't like the resolution or flat buildings down low, but I like being able to see real world reference points like Mile Square Park by KSNA or the LA Coliseum.

Ordering the scenery.ini file is only necessary if you're using photoscenery or add-on OSM files. Also, you're not supposed to re-order the "folder" - you want to open the scenery.ini file in a program like Text Wrangler and edit it from there.

Here are the instructions found in my file descriptions on the org:

1) Put the simheaven and/or OSM file into your custom scenery folder, along with any other new scenery add-ons such as my airports.

2) Start X-Plane and let it load, then quit the sim.

3) Go to your Custom Scenery folder, locate the "scenery.ini" file and open it in a text editor.

4) Make sure the order of the scenery items is sorted as follows:
Scenery packages (airports, urban areas, etc)
Object libraries (OpenSceneryX, etc)
Photoscenery libraries
falopz

Post by falopz »

thanks jeff il stick without the simehaven . ksna u did more than enoughh.....

thanks, i dld hawthorne also

thanks
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Nice scenery. I found one taxiway line missing connecting HOTEL to CHARLIE northbound. I added it myself but you might want to add it for future updates.