FS Economy Weight/Fuel and FlyJSim (X-Plane)

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Mike133

FS Economy Weight/Fuel and FlyJSim (X-Plane)

Post by Mike133 »

If anyone uses FlyJSim products to complete All-In assignments in X-plane you will know that the weight/fuel and V-ref pop-ups "bounce around" when connected to FS Economy. What I mean is it appears the FlyJSim software is getting conflicting weight/fuel information, causing the pop-ups to display 2 different sets of data. One set of data quickly changes and flashes with a second set of data every second or so, causing the V-ref speeds and weight/fuel information contained in the pop-ups to flash between 2 values as well. In addition to making the data contained in these pop-ups difficult to use, it also causes the movable speed bugs located around the outside of the airspeed indicator to warp back and forth between 2 positions as well. I can only guess that the FlyJSim software is trying to read weight and fuel information from the simulator, while FS Economy constantly feeds FlyJSim its own weight & balance information.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem as I have, and if so, if they had discovered a fix.

Mr. Keith Smith I know you in particular use at least the 737 from FlyJSim (I saw a video you posted to Twitch where you did a FS Economy flight in a FlyJSim plane during my Google searches to try and fix this issue), perhaps you can offer a comment?

As an aside, I just started using FS Economy and PilotEdge together and they are a great match. As it has always been, PilotEdge is worth every penny.
Keith Smith

Re: FS Economy Weight/Fuel and FlyJSim (X-Plane)

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi there,

I believe that's a known issue. FlyJSim has its own mechanism for weight and balance. My guess is that it doesn't cope well to having the numbers changed from under its feet, hence the wrestling ensues.

I have never used the 737-200 with FSE. You might be confusing it with the MU-2 or JS32, one is from X-Aviation, the other is from JRollon. They both work fine with weight and balance changes since they don't have their own system for setting it.
Mike133

Post by Mike133 »

I must have misread the Twitch video info then.

I figured this problem would just be something I would have to deal with.

Thanks for the reply Keith!
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

Head over to the FlyJSim forums and make a post on this. Jack has a fixed version of his Q400 that removes the Weight and Balance manager allowing FSE to work. I don't think he's made one for either the 732 or 727, though.