OS X Yosemite

currentadventure

OS X Yosemite

Post by currentadventure »

Has anyone upgraded yet and if so have you had any PE Issues?
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
matt

Re: OS X Yosemite

Post by matt »

I plan on upgrading tonight. I will let you know.
matt

Post by matt »

Seems to be working.
tngarner

Post by tngarner »

Just had a go with it after a painful upgrade process. If you had the white screen for four hours + issue I feel for you.

Seems to work just fine,,frame rates are all the same and seems to run as it did.. no better no worse.
Marietta, GA (KRYY)
PPL-ASEL
currentadventure

Thanks for the update guys. I may have to try to upgrade over the weekend
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
My PE callsign-N134WD
tngarner

Post by tngarner »

If you have not updated yet, hold off. I just posted about having issues with X-Plane crashing while connected to PilotEdge. Not sure if it is related or not but unless if there is something in Yosemite that you are just dying for waiting may not be a bad idea. I am going to work on this for a bit tomorrow and will let you know.
Marietta, GA (KRYY)
PPL-ASEL
currentadventure

Roger..standing by
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
My PE callsign-N134WD
tngarner

Post by tngarner »

May (probably) found the issue. Not sure Yosemite was 100% upgraded since my MBP would not reboot and required me to CMD-R and reinstall it last night.

This morning prior to the PilotEdge controllers coming on I flew some to/from non towered fields and all seemed fine (could not do that yesterday without a crash). Will test more this afternoon once I can get some time and the controllers are online.
Marietta, GA (KRYY)
PPL-ASEL
tngarner

Post by tngarner »

Just spent 30 min on the network talking to controllers and doing a short flight from KSNA to KAVX. Seem to be good now.

So to note I did two things (1) Reinstalled Yosemite (2) Deleted the PilotEdge Plugin, downloaded and copied a new one in its place. Reconfigured and fired it up.

I think I am good now. Any crashes happened in the first 10 min before so went well past that.

Good luck!!!
Marietta, GA (KRYY)
PPL-ASEL
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

I had exactly the same experience last night. However, it may have been related to a problem I think PE was having with its server. I logged on, and couldn't hear anybody, neither could a controller hear me. I checked all my sound settings, and all was fine. Then I disconnected, reconnected, and it was the same, then suddenly, PE came to life. I was speaking to the controller and X-Plane (10.31) crashed! Hmmm. Yosemite or PE? The other day, I was on Yosemite, X-Plane and PE, and I was viewing a 9 or 10 fps slideshow.... I don't think I had seen that (with the same rendering settings) in Mavericks.

Anyway, I restarted a bit later, logged on and spoke to the same controller. Taxying behind a fellow PE user to the runway at KSBP, and lined up behind him at the hold when X-Plane crashed again! I sent a note of apology to ops@pilotedge.net, and called it a day. I have deleted the plugin, downloaded the 1.1.1 version (which I believe is unchanged for the Mac), and have installed that. I reduced my rendering as well, so it now looks a bit like flying over a blur, but the frame-rate is well up (well, it would be after reducing the res.), and I flew for 20 minutes or so with no crashing, but no PE.

We'll see what happens later today, when I add PE to the mixture. Maybe it was their server problems (if there were any - I did hear the controller saying that other people were experiencing issues, so there probably was something up - they had about 16 pilots going at once), but adopting Yosemite early after its release may not have been a good idea. It doesn't feel as responsive as Mavericks and (to be honest), I think the Mac flew under Snow Leopard but is getting more bogged down with each new OS X release. Probably my imagination :)