Runway 25R closure at KLAS

Peter Grey

Runway 25R closure at KLAS

Post by Peter Grey »

Hello Everyone,

The Las Vegas McCarran International Airport has started a long term construction project to resurface runway 25R. This project will result in the closure of runway 25R until May 1st 2016. Due to the long term nature of this project and its influence on one of our largest airports we WILL be simulating this closure at PilotEdge.

Therefore effective immediately until May 1st 2016 runway 25R will not be available at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport (KLAS).

Pilot's should expect to use runway 1L/19R or 1R/19L for most operations.

Pilot's who have a specific training need for runway 25R should inform the controller of the specific need for runway 25R. Controllers will allow pilots who indicate a specific need for runway 25R to use runway 25R.

PilotEdge will NOT be simulating the associated taxiway closures.

More information about the closure is available at: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-v ... on-rebuild

Here is a copy of the NOTAM: !LAS 10/039 (KLAS A1116/15) LAS RWY 7L/25R CLSD 1510280701-1605011700

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
Cyrus

Re: Runway 25R closure at KLAS

Post by Cyrus »

"runway Zamboni" (in the article) = lol :lol:

I know that the CLARR arrival can drop you off onto a left dw for the 19's, but is there any issue if we request a visual or ILS 25L for landing? (25L is still longer than the 19's)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Runway 25L will be open and available for use. If you'd like that runway go ahead and request it.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

landing 25L isn't an issue because 25R is only being torn up up to Alpha 5. See the "EXC TAXI BTN TWY A5 and TWY D..." in the NOTAM above.

They were still landing traffic on 25L at LAS this morning, real world.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Thank you, gentlemen.

It must be pretty scary (and noisy) to be out there working on the tarmac towards the end of 25R and see all these heavy jets coming more-or-less towards you... hoping that they do what they're told and stick with 25L. :o

I can just see all the Chinese gambling tourists now, waving to the hot and dusty runway repair crew as they zoom by at 130kts.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Peter Grey wrote:PilotEdge will NOT be simulating the associated taxiway closures.
Is that because of the additional training/workload it would impose on the controllers. Changed taxiing requirements add to the enjoyment of the flight for me.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You'll be taxiing to the 19's or 1's for departure now, so I think those desires will be met, and then some.
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

Cyrus wrote:Thank you, gentlemen.

It must be pretty scary (and noisy) to be out there working on the tarmac towards the end of 25R and see all these heavy jets coming more-or-less towards you... hoping that they do what they're told and stick with 25L. :o
Just hope Senator Inofe isn't flying to KLAS anytime soon.... :lol:
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

Hello Everyone,

The second phase of this closure has started. I've updated the original post with the details.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

And runway 25R is now open with all planned construction completed.
Peter Grey
peter@pilotedge.net