pilotedge.net top navigation not tablet-friendly

mikec

pilotedge.net top navigation not tablet-friendly

Post by mikec »

Just a friendly heads-up to the pilotedge.net webmaster... I was trying to navigate the site on my Windows 8.1 tablet last night and I found that the top navigation bar on the pilotedge.net home page was not "touch-friendly." The menu requires the mouse to hover over it to appear, but there's no good way to do this with your finger. Then, when you lift your finger to tap one of the links the menu disappears again. I tried two-fingering it but that didn't work either.

Mike
Cyrus

Re: pilotedge.net top navigation not tablet-friendly

Post by Cyrus »

Why'd you install that virus on top of Windows 7?! Just kidding ;)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
matt

Post by matt »

mikec wrote:Just a friendly heads-up to the pilotedge.net webmaster... I was trying to navigate the site on my Windows 8.1 tablet last night and I found that the top navigation bar on the pilotedge.net home page was not "touch-friendly." The menu requires the mouse to hover over it to appear, but there's no good way to do this with your finger. Then, when you lift your finger to tap one of the links the menu disappears again. I tried two-fingering it but that didn't work either.

Mike
Which web browser are you using? Works just fine with touch on a WebKit based browser.
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

As Matt said, the menu should open with a click/tap if your device doesn't support hover and works fine on iOS and Android devices. I don't have a Windows 8.1 tablet and am unlikely to acquire one, but I'd be interested to know what browser you were using on the tablet...?
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
mikec

Post by mikec »

I was using the metro (full-screen) version of IE 11.

I just tried it on my Windows Phone IE 11 and it didn't work there either.

If you tap it with your finger the menu does open, but as soon as you lift your finger to tap a link it closes again.
mikec

Post by mikec »

I just tried it on my iPad mini and it worked ok there. The menu stayed open after I lifted my finger.