Cessna Pro Flight Trim Wheel Issues

eddhessen

Cessna Pro Flight Trim Wheel Issues

Post by eddhessen »

I have a Cessna Pro Flight Trim Wheel, but find it is uncontrollable in x plane, it just seems like the trim system just isn't set up for an axis at all, I wonder if anyone has had the same problem and found a work around or plugin to help? Using the buttons on my yoke just isn't the same.
wmburns

Re: Cessna Pro Flight Trim Wheel Issues

Post by wmburns »

Does it work at all? What do you see on the "joy stick and equipment" menu? IE, does the trim wheel show up? Is it green or red? Does the trim wheel move on the screen when the physical device is moved?

Might be handy to mention:
  • Your OS type and version. Perhaps very different if Mac, Windows, or Linux.
  • Your version of X-Plane
  • any add on's that you may have installed
  • attach a copy of your log.txt file
Here's some information from others with a similar problem.

http://forums.x-plane.org/?showtopic=57810
theluckyone17

Post by theluckyone17 »

It's working on my XP10 installs under both Windows 8.1 aand Linux. Calibrating the axis is a bit of a pain, since you've got to go through the entire travel (a dozen or so turns in each direction), but it works. Only other issue I have is the autopilot setting the trim and getting it out of sync with the trim wheel. I like to slowly move the trim wheel while the autopilot is engaged, trying to match it ccloser before disengaging the AP.
eddhessen

Post by eddhessen »

ok thanks for that, I never got it to calibrate properly, probably got bored haha. So that might help, otherwise all that was happening is it was ultra ultra sensitive, in an un-flyable way,I'll try it again tonight, thanks guys!