Jetstream/saitek/xplane9

sellener777

Jetstream/saitek/xplane9

Post by sellener777 »

i'm inquiring about preemptive advice for installing the jetstream 32.....

I always seem to have trouble with my Saitek panels and yoke.

I had the yoke the radio panel and the switch panel all working with Carenado Cessna 210.

After the jetstream in the stall the only thing I've noticed so far is I can't assign accesses to the yoke the drop downs are all set to none and won't switch.

I don't fully understand even how to use the Cytec panel plug-in.

Any advice is appreciated I believe I have the latest drivers

I feel it was by chance that I got it all set up and working with the Cessna 210

Thanks
wmburns

Re: Jetstream/saitek/xplane9

Post by wmburns »

I didn't realize that the Jetstream32 would work with X-Plane 9.

I believe that the JetStream plug in does a lot of things under the covers. Have you looked at the following posts?

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65252

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=65276

Have you considered an update to X-Plane 10? If the horse power of your PC is an issue, I have been able to get X-Plane 10 to work on some very modest PC"s with the right settings.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

I have read the manual and forums. And I have been able to assign throttle control and yoke without issue now. I have a couple of other issues. It seems, for no reason I can think of, my window and door is stuck closed (pressure dumped). If I try it fights my mouse grab and stays shut. It seems intermittent but sometimes works. Also the pressurization controls also fight my mouse grab and do not operate. Really not sure on this issue but just really frustrated. I don't want to reinstall xplane9 if I don't have. I assume it is a problem on my end, but am not a computer genius. It used to work. I cant think of anything that I changed.

I'd be lucky if I can reinstall all my Saitek stuff and pilotedge and the Jetstream and have it work. Not to mention the Reality XP 430. AHHHHH!

Id go to xplane10 if I thought it would have less glitches.

Mostly venting, thanks for the links though!
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

So I reinstalled xplane9 and the JS32 is up and running! Must have been some issue on my end. Thanks
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I suspect that you could have deleted the X-Plane preference files to get the same results without all of the downloading updates. X-plane doesn't use the registry like other software does.

Glad you got the problem fixed.

I can't comment on the number of glitches in X-Plane 9 verses 10 as I have never used V9. However, I know that time marches on and updates are being made to version 10. IMO, the new version 10.30 GPS is a real plus for X-Plane. I'm also looking forward to having better access to updated airport and navigation data.