Find "Module" list in FS 2004

N1654J

Find "Module" list in FS 2004

Post by N1654J »

Am reading SquawBox3 user manual and cannot find the Modules item in the FS 2004 Main menu that contains the SquawkBox module.

Any ideas?

Thx
Keith Smith

Re: Find "Module" list in FS 2004

Post by Keith Smith »

Hi Bill,

Did you complete the installation process of SB4 and the SB_PE packages as outlined in the instructions? The process is a little hairy right now (the software is currently in Alpha form), but the documented steps do work.
N1654J

Post by N1654J »

I am following the directions now (I think - you know how drivers of 40 year old Cherokees are - used to one push button and a few dial gauges). Had to read the .pdf fle to know not to worry about entering registration keys for the FSUIPC 3.99.zip file. No confirmation that the file was successfully installed appeared so I'll assume all is good.

But the sb_pe_fs9.zip file isn't loading. I click the squawkbox_pe_fs.exe file and an error message appears that says "the ....client_win32.dll file was not found. Reinstalling the App might help"
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

steps 7 and 8 of the install instructions read:
7. Copy the contents of the "modules" folder into the Modules folder in FS9, overwriting the existing sbmod9, sbmpjoin9 and sbtrans9 DLLs. (these were backed up in Step 4)

8. Copy the contents of the "squawkbox" folder into the Squawkbox folder identified in step 5.
If you're running the EXE file and it's complaining about the TS3_WIN32.DLL missing, then it's likely that you did not copy the files correctly from the zip file into the Squawkbox folder.

If you're still stuck after going thoroughly going through the process, then see if you can get a screenshot of the contents of your squawkbox folder and we'll see if can find out what's going on for ya.
N1654J

Post by N1654J »

ah..ok..I saw those instructions but thought they may have applied to the Vastim users with Vastim specific instructions a few steps beforehand.

Thx
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Very good. I apologize for that, it's really hairy needing to include the documentation for backing up the VATSIM stuff, but I want to make sure that existing VATSIM users don't get a nasty surprise and suddenly find that they can no longer fly on that network having broken their existing installation.

This will ALL become much simpler soon with a custom installer that creates an ENTIRELY separate application, having nothing to do with Squawkbox. For now, if you're able to get through it, the pain will be worthwhile as you'll be able to enjoy the network that much sooner!

If you're not an existing VATSIM users, then you can skip the backup steps. You'll simply be installing FSUIPIC, installing SB4, then copying some files over the top of that SB4 installation. You can either run the PE client as a module or as a standalone executable.