One and only one fse aircraft

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
n65z

One and only one fse aircraft

Post by n65z »

If you had to choose one and only one aircraft based on versatility and money making potential, which one would it be????
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
FSEconomy: DaBrain
Http://www.Twitch.tv/n65z
Http://www.YouTube.com/temeculagoldxchange
stealthbob

Re: One and only one fse aircraft

Post by stealthbob »

I personally like my Baron, its fast and holds 5 PAX...great for its price range and well suited for flying the PE networks.

I picked up a 40 hr airframe for 330,000 v$
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

+1 on the Baron BE58. It's fairly fast. Not too difficult to find 5 PAX full load. They can be found on FSE for decent money.

I really LOVE the Carenado BE58 model. It's full featured. Complicated enough to be a challenge without being a total "study" airplane.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

However, if asking about pure FSE v$'s making, it would be hard to beat a Cessna Caravan.

My advice. Find an airplane that you really like to fly. If having to choose between a large or small aircraft, pick the smaller one as FSE operations really favor the smaller aircraft. Once above 10 PAX, finding full loads requires much more flight/route planning.

But most important thing is to find a aircraft type and sim model that you really like to fly. And then fly that on FSE. Don't chase the v$'s.
Last edited by wmburns on Wed May 27, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

stealthbob wrote:I personally like my Baron, its fast and holds 5 PAX...great for its price range and well suited for flying the PE networks.

I picked up a 40 hr airframe for 330,000 v$
Same and same. The Baron is available in most every simulator in a decent quality, can haul enough to make good money, easy on the gas, can get into most any strip out there.

Downside - $300K - I found mine almost as cheap by watching the for sale listings almost daily.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
n65z

Post by n65z »

Thanks for the recommendations...I use p3d and fly with 2d screens in my sim pit...so I think carenado grand caravan looks like a winner to me.....can't find any barons with a 2d panel....still on the hunt, but that one may be the best for the way I fly.
Brian Pollock (N65z)
V1-3, I1-11
FSEconomy: DaBrain
Http://www.Twitch.tv/n65z
Http://www.YouTube.com/temeculagoldxchange
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

There is nothing even remotely close to my Falcon. Huge range and carrying capacity, just limited by airfields it can land at.
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

MU-2, Baron or Caravan in that order of preference if I could have 1, 2 or 3 planes.
snglecoil

Post by snglecoil »

I agree, the Baron seems like it is tailor-made for FSE. Reasonalbly fast, easy to find airports where you can fill all five seats. My favorite plane on P3D is the Tubine Duke...when I can find one to rent (slowly saving to purchase and solve that problem)....downside is that is expensive to rent and operate for the same pax capacity as a baron.
Chris
PE Call signs: N714VA or N619CT
Amos Waterbury

Post by Amos Waterbury »

I would have to agree on the Caravan being the most efficient! However the Baron has it's perks and certainly it can eat less fuel making the fuel bill less. Keith I am not familiar with the MU-2, but if I know what plane your talking about it may be better than the Caravan in range and capacity. If you could explain that would be appreciative. For me the C208 get's me with it's ability to go anywhere that cargo or people is going and it's a turbo which always makes me sold. "Nothing better than a turban" is my motto. :)
I am a pylit
I am a puylt
I am a pylut

I LOVE TO FLY!
cruster

Post by cruster »

If I could have only one: BAe Jetstream 32. The MU2 and C208 are close, though.