[P3D/FSX] MyTraffic 6 Model Matching Files

Flying Penguin

[P3D/FSX] MyTraffic 6 Model Matching Files

Post by Flying Penguin »

**Cross Posted From P3D Forum**

Hi All,

I've created model matching and related files for MyTraffic 6, they are available at the below link if anyone is interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lps52u9ndl627 ... g.rar?dl=0 [Updated 16 Nov 2017]

Update: Corrected a few unwanted amphibians and split out helicopter matching to make civil helicopters match civil ones and military to match as military ones

INSTALLATION (FSX)

[1] You must have MyTraffic 6 and the Pilotedge client installed and working correctly.

[2] Copy all the folders in [MyTraffic Installation Directory]\Aircraft

[3] Paste them all into your Prepar3D/FSX folder under [P3D/FSX Installation Directory]\SimObjects\Aircraft

[4] Download the zip file in the link above

[5] Unzip "pmt6.smx" and place it in ..\Pilotedge\aircraft folder.

[6] Unzip "related.txt" and place it in ..\Pilotedge\ folder.

[7] Start the PE client, click on "Start", select "Options", click on the Multiplayer Tab

[8] Click on "My Traffic 6 FSX Models" to highlight it, then using the Move Up button move it to the top.

SCOPE
This includes all aircraft models and liveries in MyTraffic 6 that are recognised by the "airlines.txt" or "equipment.txt" files, for a total of 3010 unique liveries and catch-all liveries for 175 types. As there are a large number of types which were previously not present and therefore matched to other types, I have produced a matching "related.txt" file to improve the quality of the substitutions.

Note for P3D users: As P3D doesn't have a C172 model, I have substituted the C150. To remove this, simply open up "pmt6.smd" and modify the 8th line.

SWAPPING LIVERIES
In order to simplify livery swapping, I have left all 9600 liveries in the matching file with those not in use commented out. If you want to swap a livery, open up "pmt6.smd", scroll down to Part 3 and you will find a list of all liveries, sorted by aircraft type then airline code. Find the aircraft and airline you are interested in and simply comment out the active livery with a semicolon at the start of the line and remove the semicolon from the start of the line containing the livery you want to see.

There is a comment after each matching record to explain whether it is included or not and why.

If anyone notices any oddities, let me know and I will have a look.

Kind regards,

Jamie D
Last edited by Flying Penguin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Keith Smith

Re: [P3D/FSX] MyTraffic 6 Model Matching Files

Post by Keith Smith »

Nice work! Have you considered just shipping a SMD file (for P3D) AND a SMX file for FSX?

This way, the users won't have to edit anything. The P3D client only reads SMS and SMD files. The FSX client only reads SMS and SMX files. This way, a SMX file won't be read by P3D and a SMD file won't be read by FSX, so they can happily coexist.
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Keith Smith wrote:Nice work! Have you considered just shipping a SMD file (for P3D) AND a SMX file for FSX?

This way, the users won't have to edit anything. The P3D client only reads SMS and SMD files. The FSX client only reads SMS and SMX files. This way, a SMX file won't be read by P3D and a SMD file won't be read by FSX, so they can happily coexist.
Hi Keith,

That's a fair point, I didn't actually think about FSX until I'd uploaded the file (as I don't own a copy). When I get back to my gaming machine tomorrow I'll upload a modified dual file.

Whilst I've got your attention, perhaps there's a couple of points you could help me with:
  • Is it possible to get a list of the type codes that are used by the downtown drone helicopters? I seem to vary between 100% default drones and a CH-47-heavy rendition of Battle: Los Angeles depending on how I tweak "related.txt"
  • There's an odd behavior that causes a lot of the smaller drones (particularly those matched to C150/C206) to always fly around with full aileron deflection. I don't think it's a MT6 issue as it all works perfectly normally for human controlled aircraft, which only leaves the drone recordings. Is there anything that can be done to, for example, send zero control deflections for the recorded aircraft?
Cheers,

Jamie
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Will get back to you on part of this, but regarding aileron deflections, there are no differences, afaik between the live traffic and the drones. I will verify.
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Well, one bout of insomnia later, I've updated the files to include an FSX specific SMX file and ammended the instructions.
Keith Smith wrote:Will get back to you on part of this, but regarding aileron deflections, there are no differences, afaik between the live traffic and the drones. I will verify.
After a bit more digging (and a lot more drone watching!), it appears that everything that has moveable control surfaces, from C150s to Hornets flies with full control deflection on at all times (even player craft).

Which is odd, because when I use P3D default traffic or VoxATC generated traffic, they all work properly with appropriate control deflections corresponding to the maneuver, so it appears (without much in the way of debugging tools to validate this) that the injected aircraft are being injected with full control deflections for some reason.

Edit: It also happens with the non-MyTraffic aircraft such as the default Lear, I've just watched a player Lear with full control deflections, and a drone Lear with full elevator but neutral ailerons, so there 's something going funny, I just can't put my finger on an overarching logic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Can you go back to using the stock models that we refer to and see if the animations are ok? That was all I tested with during development and the animations of all controls was working correctly.
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Hi Keith,

I removed the SMD file from the directory and went back in. It doesn't seem to make much difference. A couple of concrete examples:

KS12_2, which is being represented by the default Lear. It's currently cruising straight and level with ailerons indicating a right roll and elevators indicating full forward stick.
DEALER23 is being matched (amusingly) as a Bonanza. The elevator seems to work occasionally, but the ailerons vary between doing nothing and going the wrong way.
KS19_2 is being matched as a Cherokee. In level flight, the ailerons are slightly offset indicating left roll, but it just rolled left then leveled off without any aileron deflection either way.

It's not the end of the world, I guess most people don't get close enough to see control deflections(!), but it's definitely something odd.

Cheers,

Jamie
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks Jamie, and are you able to observe a human-piloted aircraft to see if the result is different?
Flying Penguin

Post by Flying Penguin »

Observing a few flights right now:

With MT6:
N4206M - C172 matched as C150, full up elevator. Ailerons deflect indicating full left roll, it does occasionally move but not in conjunction with aircraft movement and on landing settles to full control deflection
N522PM - Matched as default Bonanza. Neutral elevator but ailerons mostly in right roll position in level flight. Sometimes changes but not with aircraft movement. Noticed that whilst he did a go-around the elevator showed stick forward.

Without MT6:
N757VB - Matched as default Bonanza. Again ailerons stuck in right roll position, rudder moves right when taxiing left. Elevator occasionally moves but generally not in conjunction with maneuvers.
N76CM - Matched as PA-28. Ailerons in left roll position, full or near full elevator in cruise.

HTH

Jamie
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Wow...when did this get so broken? I'll go back and retest when able. Was this in FSX or P3D?