Frame Rate Drop When Connected to PE

BonanzaDude

Frame Rate Drop When Connected to PE

Post by BonanzaDude »

I am getting a serious frame rate drop when connecting to PE. It goes from the low to mid 30's to 0.5 once connected. When I disconnect it goes back to where is was before. I haven't installed anything new lately so I am confused. When I first notice it happen I told ATC what happened and that I was logging off. I did so and thought why not try logging back in again. That worked fine on the second login. I have tried logging off and back on several times with the same result. I don't have any extra CSL's loaded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
tshuff

Re: Frame Rate Drop When Connected to PE

Post by tshuff »

Are you running 10.40? There have been a few mentions of framerate issues with the new CSLs in 10.40.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

Ty,

Nope. 10.36 Build 103600. I thought I put that in my original post but I failed to do that. What I did do was remove the PilotEdge directory from my plugin folder and reinstalled. So far so good. I connected a couple times late last night and am connected now and it's fine. Hoping to do a few GA flights and then a commercial flight today to make sure all is good before I start to install the CSL's.

Thanks,
John
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Same here...just deleted anything PE and re downloaded and installed.

All good now, I was in the latest Beta though with W10 and thought it was that.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Ok just update X Plane to the latest build 10.40rc3.0. First time I have ran into this issue. Only thing I have downloaded from pilotedge is the CSL's. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the latest beta release? Frame rates through the floor!!! Please help if able.

Justin
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Justin, let me know if you have the same issue with just the stock CSLs loaded (none of the extra high def CSLs).

Also, what is your VRAM usage as reported in the Rendering Options before and after connecting to PE? (ie, before and after the massive framerate drop)
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Ok I will report back with my findings.
trigger_fsx

Post by trigger_fsx »

I had exactly the same issue. My post from the other thread on the same topic (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5572):

"I run 10.36 and started having the same issue today. Frames sitting at 30+, connect to PE and frames drop to 0.3, disconnect PE and frames back to 30+. No change in VRAM usage when connecting to PE. The only change to my setup during the last week that I can think of are the Windows 10 updates.

EDIT: Removed the PE plugin (all folders and files in X-plane plugins) and then re-installed it together with the CSLs and issue disappeared."

And it is still working like a charm, not sure what caused it.
Jacques Le Roux
N841LR
KLRay
Location: Near KBVS: Burlington/Mount Vernon, Washington, USA

Post by KLRay »

I have/had similar frame rate near zero issues when connecting to PE - then disconnecting, it returns to normal. For me, I ended up tracing it to the times I wasn’t using traffic for ForeFlight. Solution was to simply turn my ipad on to receive the traffic (after-restarting x-plane) or rename the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file to VSProTrafficRelay.bak (in the pilotedge plugin folder) when I didn’t use traffic or didn’t have my ipad in use. There were also times the IP address of the iPad (in the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file) wasn’t correct.

Had this issue on two separate PC's running x-plane 10.36, and in both cases this above solution seemed to solve it. Anyway fingers crossed that I hope this was it.

- Ray
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ray,

That would explain why reinstalling is working for some people, I suspect. It's very odd that the feature would be causing framerate issues. I normally have foreflight turned off and it runs fine. I'll test that closely when I upgrade to 10.40.