XPlane Crash

sellener777

Re: XPlane Crash

Post by sellener777 »

Dont have access to another computer at the moment.......
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

When my ratio of flying time to troubleshooting computer BS reaches 1:1 I get burnt out.

Do you guys/gals think this is something a PC store could address? Or are they just gonna start replacing parts you think?

Thanks for everyone's input, I appreciate it. I wish I was more computer knowledgeable to delve into myself but feel its beyond me.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I've seen weird problems before when a RAM chip has a bad component. Basically, when the OS starts to write to that part of the RAM that's bad, all heck breaks loose. If you BIOS has a way to test RAM, try that. If you have extra RAM to swap in, try that too.

A PC shop would be able to test a lot of this, but if you've done a clean install, then it's not likely drivers, it's hardware. I would think RAM would fail to a BSOD. If you've opened the computer and cleaned out the dust and dirt, then you could also consider pulling the main heatsink and applying a new layer of thermal paste on the processor. Not something to do "willy nilly" so watch a YouTube video or two to get the hang of it.

My gut says RAM. If you have a BestBuy store handy, you could consider buying a new set of chips and swap those in, trying to reproduce it and if it does, then return the RAM.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

Coming to the party late and haven't read the whole thread.

This is almost certainly hardware related. Some things I would check...

- Make sure your power is distributed across as many runs from your PSU as you can. You should not be doubling up unless absolutely necessary; this goes double for your GPU.
- Is your GPU big enough to power your system?
- Remove half your ram, try again, swap if the problems persist
- Move your drives to different SSD ports
- Get CPU-Z / GPU-Z and monitor your temps. Are you overheating?
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Thanks again, haha I should post a pic of me putting heatsink paste on the computer you guys would LYAO watching that. But a ram swap out is doable by me. I might try that before taking it in.