Ze German passed his V-01

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Matthias Geiss

Ze German passed his V-01

Post by Matthias Geiss »

I finally decided to man up and do my first flight in PE. And while I was at it, I thought I might as well take the V-01.

But in fact it was kind of a triple-premiere:
1. First flight on PE
2. First flight on any online network
3. First rating on PE

Given 1-3, I was pretty nervous, and although the V-01 does look pretty simple when you read about it or watch others do it, It's not that simple when you're an online-flying virgin. :)
But obviously I did sufficiently well to pass and it was a great experience! I think I don't need to illustrate how much more immersive and pun it is to fly online with real ATC and fellow pilots! I had a blast and I'm so lookin forward to my next flights on the network.

This also starts my video series "Ze German on Pilotedge", and if you feel the need to watch some PE footage with German commentary (wo wouldn't? :D ), feel free to have a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0IfOXID1Uk
Kyle.Sanders

Re: Ze German passed his V-01

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Congrats! You will love it!
Kyle Sanders
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Where did you get the KSNA scenery? It looks so much better than the one I downloaded from the .org

Also, congrats! Welcome to PE!
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Thanks guys!

Steve,
it's the 10.42 stock scenery with FlyJSim's enhanced runway textures: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=16270
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Matthias, I sent you a private message.
Kyle Sanders
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Got it, thanks!
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

I dicided to do the V-02 while the memory of the V-01 is still fresh. But of course some stupid mistakes happened nonetheless. :roll:
E.g. changing the assigned heading before being cleared to resume own navigation... That's something I know is plain wrong, but in the excitement it happened anyways. :|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLEu6QNVFeI (Youtube conversion might not be finished yet for HD to show up)

Now it's time for some practicing before taking the infamous V-03. :) I never thought it would be that hard to fly and communicate with ATC at the same time. But that's just something we all have to go through, I guess.