Cannt connect to FS9 client server

Tyler084

Cannt connect to FS9 client server

Post by Tyler084 »

I cannot connect to the FS9 PE client. When i click on the program, it doesn't load. When i first installed the program, the two modules didn't come up when i started fs9. Is FS9 server still running or is it only working for FSX? I do have squawkbox, can i connect to PE server from there?
wmburns

Re: Cannt connect to FS9 client server

Post by wmburns »

Before starting can you help us understand why you are using such an old sim program such as FS9? Considering that FSX is also considered old FS9 is ancient with regards to the airport database and aids to navigation.

The number of people using FS9 is a dwindling resource. As such finding people willing to help becomes a challenge. Someone is going to ask. Why FS9? A lot of work could be spent to get it working and then you may not be happy with the result. Just saying that if this is a new set up, the effort maybe better spent on a new sim.

But for the record, FS9, FSX, and X-Plane all use the same PE server. Can you ping vspro.pilotedge.net?

So it's possible that you attempted to connect during the server outage?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5915

What happened when you attempted to start the PE client (exact error messages)?

It might also help if you included all of the specs about your set up.
  • OS version and type (32/64 bit)?
  • PE client version
  • Exact error messages
  • Which airplane
  • Has this sim ever worked with PE?
  • any recent maintenance?
The Steam Edition of FSX is only 4.99. While getting FSX SE working may still be a ton of work, at least the base sim will be more capable.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/

Even better. Give X-Plane or P3D a look at least.
Keith Smith

Re: Cannt connect to FS9 client server

Post by Keith Smith »

You don't connect to PE using modules from FS9 (or FSX for that matter). You need to launch the PilotEdge application as described in the instructions.