Pilot Introductions

Archammer

Re: Pilot Introductions

Post by Archammer »

Hello flight simmers!

It's Archammer, host of Ten Minute Taxi, your source for Flight Sim & Aviation News! I'm glad to be a part of the PilotEdge group and hope to learn as much as all you highly skilled aviators are willing to teach.

It's a pleasure to meet all of you, have fun, and I hope to see your landing lights out there!

"Grease it or TOGA!"
Tony Rogers

Post by Tony Rogers »

Hey gents,
Tony Rogers. I currently work as an instructor pilot for General Dynamics Corporation. I'm hoping this program to be the real world standard that VATSIM has difficulty maintaining.
DrZGard

Post by DrZGard »

Hello Fellow Pilots,

Zane here, licensed private pilot since 1986. After putting it off for over twenty years got my instrument ticket last year in Sep. I don't even taxi the same so if you haven't got your instrument and keep putting it off... just do it! PE is that missing part of training with the sim that can fill the gap when you haven't been flying in a while and need to get your flying brain back online. I took a 10 year hiatus from flying between 91 and 01 and while my stick an rudder skills got me through the flying part of a flight review after all that time my radio skills were astonishingly gone! My second flight hour I got passed but found that those radio skills and thinking pilot mind were the most prone to rust.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to serious online flying, but I've been interested in aviation for many years. I'm looking to start flying lessons soon, so I'm here to learn as much as I can. Been simming casually on and off since the early 80s, but after recently getting X-Plane and checking out the online live ATC world, I'm amazed at how deeply immersive home simulators have become.

After doing my first online flight today, I'm hooked. I was lucky enough to connect to PE when Keith Smith was controlling and he was great; patient and very helpful. Thanks Keith! I'll try to stay off the network during busy hours while I learn, but I think I'll be with PE for a long, long time.

Jeff N
Roger Wigfield

Post by Roger Wigfield »

Hello all,
I've been involved in sims for quite some time but have never done it on line. I obtained my FAA certification about three years ago as "Private, single engine land with conventional (tailwheel) endorsement.

Having completed lessons thru I-03 I can tell you that I am still learning the art/science of flight. I don't have any plans on obtaining an instrument ticket, but I am greatful to be able to do it in the sim world with the professional team at PE.

Looking forward to many hours once PE is fully launched. I am addicted to the FSX Mooney as it provides a fast platform that can be slowed down and still be controllable. I'm N100MS.

To Jeff N.
Don't avoid busy times. In the real world and the sim enviroment you can learn a great deal by interracting with others. Experienced pilots don't mind waiting for the student. All they have to do is remember when they were first learning the art/science of flying.
namron2

Post by namron2 »

Hi all

My name is Norm and I live in Kelowna, home field is CYLW. My wife and I came to Canada from Scotland about 35 years ago.

I am 65 years old and I have been simming ever since the C64 days!

I got my PPL aboout 40 years ago but I haven't flown for about 20 years mainly because health reasons. It's just as well as I am sure I would be a hazard to everyone else in the air? (who said you cannot fly when you are having dizzy spells?/?)

I have a Simcraft 3 DOF platform which, much to the chagrin of my wife, takes up almost all of my diining room!
Since I got this 3 yeaars ago, I have probably only spent about 100 hours flying it and over a bizillion hours modifying/rebuilding it!

I have spent many, many hours, learning the intricacies of the LEVELD 767 and,, in the course of doing so, my hair has turned from a nice brindle color to pure grey (and not much of it)

I must admit that my love the total immersion of the hobby is tantamount in my life. My sim has eight monitors attached to it as well as quite a few add on instruments (go Flight. VR insight etc).

When I first heard of Pilot edge, from an article in Computer Pilot, I was drawn it like a magnet and I cannot wait to start using it.

My experience with IFR will obviously be poor in comparison to all you other guys and I hope I don't frustrate you all too much when I am on the network, please bear with me and remember that I am just an old Scotsman trying to have fun.

Norm
BellEye

Post by BellEye »

Well Hello to everyone, My name is Gerald Bellinger and I have been flying MSFS since the beginning days of the software. I currently am building a A320/300 here in my home town of Ballston Spa NY. I am in the final phases of the build. I have about (2) years experience flying Cessna aircraft out of Schenectady Co. Airport training for my PPL. At age 49 there was the AGE FACTOR in my decision not to peruse my ATP ticket so I choose to build a REPLICA aircraft in my Aircraft Hanger out back at my home....I purchased a Airbus A300 Shell and went to town. Military grade VIBRATION UNITS in the floor make up for 90% of the motion lacking element.... I must say this service will add the finishing touches to my A320/300 Simulator.

http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae34 ... 0A320A300/

East Coast time might be a factor for me as I fly daily from 4am to 11am EST.............. ? I work nights and only get to fly in the early am... I will talk to Kieth and inquire more but I really would find it hard not to be a part of this... Please feel free to contact me about the Sim... I have given it the official name of NYA320.llc... Currently working toward a VIDEO CREATING FACILITY.... I have been waiting for a service like this.... I never have even seen VATSIM...... Looking forward to flying with you all... Jerry Bellinger (BellEye)...

Thanks to all who partake in this AWESOME SPORT.... a way of life for me.... I'm hopelessly addicted and will hopefully expire in my Capt-ins seat at FL320...... :)
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

Greetings fellow aviators! I am a student pilot who flies out of Gillespie Field (KSEE) in San Diego, CA. I'm currently in my PPL training, about to start the cross-country phase. My ultimate goal is simply to become a CFII/MEI to share the joy of flight.

My story is a bit different in the sense that I didn't grow up loving aviation as a kid. I actually had never been in an airplane until my first airline flight 4 years ago at the age of 27, where I kicked off two seasons of traveling between KSAN and KDTW every other weekend, meeting the woman who is now my amazing, aviation-supportive wife :)

I discovered two romances at that time, the second being aviation, and something in me just hungered for being up in the air. I began my PPL training this year in April, and through my 30.5 hours so far I've learned that along with the amazing view, flying came with a great respect for things such as airspace, regulations, and other pilots. I've yet to have another plane honk at me in the pattern.

I completed my first few flights with PilotEdge last night, and the experience couldn't have been better! I expected more confusion, but it honestly just worked like it does in the real world. I'd like to thank all the controllers, and the developers who work on this. It will be an extremely valuable tool through the rest of my training!

Colin Payette
N8441B
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
raider

Post by raider »

Hi - My name is Dave Krajcar. I started flying in the USAF as a battle staff crew member on the EC135 backup SAC command post aircraft. I learned to fly when I left the USAF in Riverside CA. The first airplain I owned was a 1956 C-172 followed by a 1967 C-172, then a C-182 (forgot the year) and lastly a 1977 C-T210 with all the then available bells and whistles. Sold that in 1991. Instrument rated with over 2,300 hours PIC. Moved to Vancouver, WA in 1993. Haven't gotten back into flying for real, but have spent some time of late on PE. Retired 3 years ago and hope to spend more time on PE in the coming days.
AviatorScott

Post by AviatorScott »

Hi Scott Woodland from Northern California. I am a private pilot with an instrument rating. I started flying at age 18, left it for a lot of years and returned to it about 4 years ago at a coworker's (and fellow pilot) urging. When I heard about Pilotedge and the opportunity to work "in the system" I knew I had to try. During IR training I did a lot of under the hood x-country work with my CFII. We filed and flew in the system, the challenge for me was "cleared as filed" makes the task when training easier, but real world on my own harder.
Started playing with PE in beta and couldn't get it to work. Almost there in real mode now, actually heard a radio call before I blew something up with IE9 running too :o Will keep at it and hope to be sharing the sky with all of you soon.

Update on Monday 10/10/11: After seeing the FSX is Fixed post over the weekend, I had some time this afternoon and flew my first flight KPSP - KLGB <vfr>. Yeah, it works... and felt real, even with the controller asking me if I knew proper vfr cruise altitudes :oops: errr.... yes I do and the 7500 was a typo on the flight plan. Now I'll start thinking about getting serious and using this to work on IFR clearances and flying "in the system". :!:
Last edited by AviatorScott on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Woodland, PE, M.ASCE
PPL - ASEL -- IFR