PE Virtual Airlines?

Matthias Geiss

PE Virtual Airlines?

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Seeing the PE livery in the other thread, I was thinking about starting a PE VA, because most VAs lean more towards long-ish flights to long hauls, and FSEconomy just isn't my cup of tea at all.

Just some first ideas about the concept I am thinking off:

- All flights will be inside the PE coverage area (and upcoming airports when the expansions get active) and of course need to be flown on the network during ATC service hours
- Pilot ranks will be determined by a combination of flight-hours and the PE ratings. All pilots will start with zero hours, but of course ratings which were completed earlier would count.
- There wouldn't be a fixed fleet, so everybody can use the plane he/she wants to. But there would be different classes a pilot can use dependent on rank
- There would be a fixed schedule between towered airports, but also randomly generated pax and cargo jobs between airfields of all sizes, even non-towered strips.
- You could split jobs, so e.g. if you would like to take a job where you would need to bring 20 pax from A to B but you are only rated for smaller aircrafts, you could split the job in multiple runs while eventually finishing another job on a return leg.
- You would always need to start where your last VA flight ended. So when your last flight ended at C, and you want to do a flight from A to B, you would first need to fly from C to A (as a ferry flight, if there is no scheduled flight or job covering the leg).

Think of it as a mix of a normal VA and a job-system similar to FSE but without the economic factors.

It's not about detailing the rules&regs at the moment, I just want to get a picture about what you guys think about the general idea. :)
Keith Smith

Re: PE Virtual Airlines?

Post by Keith Smith »

It'd be great to see PE-based VA's come to fruition!
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Just curious why FSE wouldn't fit into this plan?... It already provides automated tracking of information like this. I just joined FSE so I'm not trying to push it, I'm just curious.
Kyle Sanders
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:Just curious why FSE wouldn't fit into this plan?... It already provides automated tracking of information like this. I just joined FSE so I'm not trying to push it, I'm just curious.
FSE doesn't have airliner type jobs except in specific circumstances. You don't get any real control over destinations, aircraft types or even when the jobs show up. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's not what FSE was designed for. There are tons of posts on the FSE forums about the pros/cons of this. :)

Steve
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Keith Smith wrote:It'd be great to see PE-based VA's come to fruition!
I definitely want to echo this too, we'd love to see more PE-centered VAs. You're probably already thinking this, but I do want to make sure that you come up with your own name/brand to avoid confusion - it's already hard to explain to people outside of the sim community what exactly PilotEdge is :)

That said, I can get you some logo files if you want to badge it on your livery and so on :)
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

I will definitely choose an independent name, because I don't want people to think of it as being "the official" PE VA.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I'd love to see more Air Northwest pilots on PilotEdge....or is it that I'd like to see more PilotEdge pilots flying for Air Northwest? Either way.....
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Jimmy64

Post by Jimmy64 »

I think it's a great idea! To make it appealing to a wide audience, perhaps you should consider either a takeoff, a landing or both in PE airspace, controlled or uncontrolled, as a valid pirep. My 2 cents.
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Jimmy64 wrote:I think it's a great idea! To make it appealing to a wide audience, perhaps you should consider either a takeoff, a landing or both in PE airspace, controlled or uncontrolled, as a valid pirep. My 2 cents.
That's the plan. :) I would like to concentrate everything on the PE area (and ATC service hours). That would also have the advantage of not needing an additional ACARS software, because the report on PEaware would be sufficient for logging the flight.
Of course you could join one of the existing VAs that let you fly anything from anywhere to anywhere (Worldwide Virtual, Zon Executive, Freeworld etc.) and choose to do every flight on PE.
Jari Junior

Post by Jari Junior »

I'm about to create a VA, I already have custom acars, site and everything "we" need. I was thinking about "AeroCargo", for cargo operations and also I want to operate every good plane (addon) like J3, 172, 182, cherokee, seneca, king, baron, c310 and so on. KSDM or KSBP are nice for a "starter" zone. And we can also have some ferry flights.. when we "buy" a plane, the pilot who bring the aircraft to our hub gets an award and such..

thoughs?