PE Virtual Airlines?

Jari Junior

Re: PE Virtual Airlines?

Post by Jari Junior »

Oh, btw.. I already have Kirk, Sasha, Homer and another ones :)

Kirk
http://i.imgur.com/PNXsUN2.jpg

Sasha
http://i.imgur.com/MqseZhz.jpg

Homer
http://i.imgur.com/xsD9TAn.jpg
Jim Parish

Post by Jim Parish »

Well, just as to participation - I'd be on board. I particularly like the GA aircraft flying and that's a little spare when it comes to VAs.
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

I have a first concept going and I'm starting to build a homepage. Btw., the VA will be named Redwood Virtual Airlines, callsign "Redwood".
GA Planes will definitely play a big role, as I plan to include even the small fields.

But don't expect something concrete before spring or early summer, because we just bought a house which needs some serious work and my wife is getting a spinal surgery, so it's going to be a busy time...
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Matthias Geiss wrote:I have a first concept going and I'm starting to build a homepage. Btw., the VA will be named Redwood Virtual Airlines, callsign "Redwood".
GA Planes will definitely play a big role, as I plan to include even the small fields.

But don't expect something concrete before spring or early summer, because we just bought a house which needs some serious work and my wife is getting a spinal surgery, so it's going to be a busy time...
Virgin America = Redwood in the US...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Ah, you're right of course...
So I'll need think of another callsign. "Sequoia" could work, too.
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

I'm making some progress with the homepage of Redwood VA. The design is still WIP of course, but the first bits are funcional (schedule, static pages etc.), and I expect to have version 1.0 running and opening the doors in march.

http://redwood-va.net/

Stay tuned (if you like)
davidspreckeriii

Post by davidspreckeriii »

Never done a VA before, but I like what you've done with the website so far! I'd say count me in, just need to make sure I can get acars to work on Linux. Also, what if we don't own any of the planes you have?
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Hi David,

thank you, I'm looking forward to having you with us!

To answer your questions:
We will be independent of the OS or the flight sim you use, as long at it's compatible with Pilotedge. As every flight is already logged on PEaware, there is no need for an ACARs software. All we'll need to validate a flight is the link to the PEaware log. That said, we might offer a live map in the future based on XACARS, but using that would be strictly optional.

We use aircraft categories instead of a fixed fleet (an exeption is category 10), so you can use whatever plane you have/like, as long as it fits a category you are allowed to use. You can look at the fleet and ranks pages to get an idea (subject to change).
onevim

Post by onevim »

Did anything ever come of this? I was looking for a PE area VA. If this one died, I might try to resurrect it if there's still interest.
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

Unfortunately no. Real life raised it's ugly head and I was never able to get it started.
I have the initial concept set up on my HDD (though tailored to the "old" ZLA-only PE), so maybe I'll get to it when there's more time to spare.