Text Box saying "Message from PilotEdge"

kg135035

Text Box saying "Message from PilotEdge"

Post by kg135035 »

Hi All

I just joined Pilotedge and tried a first few flights around Oceano Co with the stock C-172 in X-Plane 10.
I was doing a circuit and an X-Plane text box showed up saying "Message from PilotEdge". I did not know how to answer that message. I think I had my radios set up wrong as I wasn't hearing any traffic (I had 122.7 set on my COM2 and I had COM2 light on in the base X-Plane C-172).
Any ideas on how I could see & answer that messege? Or what the problem may have been?
I think it was because I was on COM2 and didn't have 122.7 on COM1

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hope I didn't get anyone too upset with any mistake I may have done. :roll:

Thanks so much and looking forward to better flights for me on Pilotedge.

Regards
Kevin Garner
wmburns

Re: Text Box saying "Message from PilotEdge"

Post by wmburns »

Most of use us COM1 of PE communication and COM2 to check ATIS as COM2 isn't supported for PE comms in all cases.

In general it would be a good idea to perform a radio check parked on the ground in a non movement area before conducting your first flight. Choose an airport (such as KSNA) with ground and tower operations.
kg135035

Post by kg135035 »

wmburns wrote:Most of use us COM1 of PE communication and COM2 to check ATIS as COM2 isn't supported for PE comms in all cases.

In general it would be a good idea to perform a radio check parked on the ground in a non movement area before conducting your first flight. Choose an airport (such as KSNA) with ground and tower operations.
Thanks for the advice.
The issue was as you stated. I was using COM2 for Oceano Traffic. Once I switched the frequency to COM1, comms was working.
Rookie mistake on my part.

Thanks Again
Regards
Kevin G
Justin Lerner

Post by Justin Lerner »

For what it's worth, the second radio does work in the stock Baron.